A place for you to talk about movies / Blu Rays and anything related.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By jamie
Looking forward to the release of this movie on Friday.
By ravenevermore
Saw the movie on Friday, and have been mulling it over since then. There's a lot to like in this movie, and a lot to dislike. You can see where Nolan has touched the movie, and you can certainly see where Snyder put his fingerprints all over it. The casting was perfect throughout, and I hope the cast return for the natural sequel. As much as I enjoyed it, not entirely sure about how well it'll hold up to repeated viewings.

My one word poster tagline would be 'This movie will make you give a damn about Kevin Costner again.' :D
By aeonblack
I personally thought it was amazing, especially one of Zod's last monologues. Throughout the whole movie you've got that "what the fuck is this guys problem?!" thought train running through your head, then he delivers that monologue and suddenly it's "well...yeah, that actually makes complete sense and explains exactly why you are who you are".

Unlike Ash, I didn't find a lot to dislike about this movie. If you're not a fan of action, this one isn't for you. There is a lot of things getting smashed and destroyed in this movie...and rightly so, in my opinion. When what is essentially an entire pack of supermen arrive and fight superman, that's what is going to happen.
By aeonblack
Also: Hell yeah Kevin Costner is back! Poor guy needs a break.
By gumbercules9000
I'll admit, there were a few tears with Costner's scenes.
By gumbercules9000
Did anyone notice the Wayne Enterprises logo in the film?
By vinylyniv
Ditto on that Zod monologue. Had exactly the same thought. It stood out to me as a mark of a class director - just at the point where you're thinking, OK I'll let some of these discrepancies slide, then, explanation. Ah, right, nice move Zack.

I give this film a strong 8/10 (in my head in my best Barry Norman voice :) I was marvelling at how close to tears I was during the Russell Crowe back-story so quickly after the film had only just started! Nought to tearful in 10 minutes! Then when Costner delivered the, "You are my son" ah man :')

Fist fights to end all fist fights and basically a comic transported the screen - same as for Watchmen. Folks hated on that, but it was true (blue).

Vinyl soundtrack on order. Zimmer nailed it for me. Enough gushing; it was super, man.
By Jeff
I was looking but didn't notice, I heard it was on the satalite. I saw plenty of Lexcorp logo's. Read that there was a Booster Gold nod too.

I loved it. I mean it's pretty much everything I've wanted in a Superman movie for a long time. I'm a big DC comics fan. I know some people took issue with the ending, but I like they way they worked it.
By renpen21
I enjoyed film, thought casting was spot on apart from Lois Lane (Amy Adams) just something didn't sit right with me. Was dying for Costner to suck as meet him last year and he was a 1st class dick but to be fair he nailed it. Interesting to see what they do with the 2nd film.
By palmat
I thought this was a really weak effort considering the talent involved. The first half of the movie is incredibly badly scripted and pays no attention to believable continuity or development of character and plot. And don't get me started on the part on Krypton. The other half is really uninteresting CGI-destruction which made me doze off at times. Cavill is pretty solid as Superman but his foil, Shannon, is unbelievably bad. Not even the score made me care...
By brucechimp
Totally agree with the above post. I thought it was wretched. I thought Costner was great but that's the only positive I can find. Shannon was dreadful, as was Russell Crowe. The effects and design were naff (what was going on with those weird Kryptonian 'pin art' things?) and worst of all it was relentlessly dull. I think they massively misjudged it trying to go the Dark Knight route with Superman. Haven't hated a film this much in quite a while!