A place for you to talk about movies / Blu Rays and anything related.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Mateo Sanboval
Let's d-d-d-do it!
By static14
Fingers crossed the 14th isnt the date. It'd be a heck of a mother's day present to my wife to disappear for a few hours and leave her and my daughter alone. :(
By deafmetal
static14 wrote:Fingers crossed the 14th isnt the date. It'd be a heck of a mother's day present to my wife to disappear for a few hours and leave her and my daughter alone. :(
Ack, good call there, @static. Avoid the 14th!
By chiefbrody
Welcome aboard @SpaceCadet.

@static, @deaf I'm sorry to say that current polling has 14th as the date that suits most (suits 6 of 8 voters). I was hoping we'd find a date acceptable to all, but we'll need to go with the majority rule.

If anyone didn't factor in Mother's Day and wants to withdraw their vote, please let me know here - I don't think you can change your vote on the poll.

If the 14th becomes difficult, the next most popular date (21st) has only 4 votes. Given someone seems to drop out or forget about it on the day, that's not many people.

If you haven't had your say, vote here (you can select multiple options).

http://www.easypolls.net/poll.html?p=58 ... cc8b0f72e0
By ScoJo
Im happy to switch vote to 21st, the poll won't allow me any further voting :)
By chiefbrody
@ScoJo, it's a pretty basic platform. I think it defaults to only allowing one vote per person.

The voting as it stands is below. If you switch to the 21st, that makes the 21st the winner/most popular choice. Let's go with that, as I suspect Mother's Day might have made it more difficult for some.

It's a shame we might be losing 3 of our voters in the process, but hopefully everyone can make it.
Attachments
2017-04-26 11.53.14.png
2017-04-26 11.53.14.png (96.52 KiB) Viewed 4854 times
By chiefbrody
@monster I think the answer is 5pm, but would be good if someone could confirm. 10pm in the UK.
By monsterworship
chiefbrody wrote:@monster I think the answer is 5pm, but would be good if someone could confirm. 10pm in the UK.
that's correct.

ok that wasn't the date i picked but since it is later in the day I can still make it.
By Mateo Sanboval
Well, that knocks me out, lads. Only date I couldn't make it. Crack a few jokes (and beers) in my stead!
By chiefbrody
@mateo, that crushes me. Especially as Ghosts was your suggestion. I hope your other plans fall through :-)

I hope it goes well enough that we're tempted into more syncs and you can crack the beers with us.

@monster, glad you can make it.
By Mateo Sanboval
Yeah, it's sad Hulk times for me to be certain, but that's the way it goes. The vacay was booked months ago. Watching whales breach with the naked eye and a drink in my hand from a private deck at an undisclosed location should be salve enough though. Like most of us, I've made a few and missed a few, but my interest remains extremely high. Hopefully, we can sneak in another one or two this Summer.
By deafmetal
Ugh, I'm willing to face the wrath of all the moms in the world if it keeps @Mateo at the viewing. Can't win!
By Mateo Sanboval
I'm with youse guys in spirit.
By Hatter313
what time again?

Apparently there's something called "Twin Peaks" that is airing on Sunday....
By ScoJo
@monster -

Very nice warm up then!

I'm in for this, see you lot there...I mean, here....on Mars!!

By chiefbrody
@monster that's ideal, it isn't showing until the Monday in the UK, so no clashes.

At last count we had a minimum of 6, that's a good number. Looking forward to this one.

@mateo if you could just think of some witty observations and/or trivia I'll throw them in and take credit for them.
By Hatter313
Lol, alright then, i'll try and make it :)