A place for you to talk about movies / Blu Rays and anything related.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By reelybored
Teaser released and am pretty pumped! Show very little but enough to get me all giddy :-) link below

Star Wars Ep 7 Teaser

By seb
Almost teared up a bit seeing the falcon.
I must say the desert scenes have the feel of the originals, does not look toO cgi and shit

Not getting my hopes up but looks promising.
By Spun out of control
Interesting that the trailer concentrates on new rather than old faces - and longer than I thought it would be. Only a *few* instances of JJ Abram's signature 'lens flare' visuals spotted... and nice to hear that Tie Fighter scream again.
By maxvelvet
Star Wars ended in 1983.
By reelybored
Yes, it seems that the "old" is being reserved for a later "reveal". Xwings, the Falcon and tie-fighters oh my! Those really got me all "goosebumpy". I have to say that I have faith in J.J.
By reelybored
@max I was with you on that one but JJ directing/involvement revitalized my excitement for its continuation. Plus I want my daughter (new generation) to be part of this :-)
By tonyandrewgiles
I'm fully onboard, now just a one year wait...
By deathwaltz
Remind me to tell you about that time I saw a trailer for a film called the Phantom Menace and get very excited , so excited I flew to NYC for the very first midnight show having buddied up with someone in the queue through AICN....
Then remind me to tell you how I felt once out of the cinema.

Yeah That ;)
By jgibbs4053
I really hope Jar Jar is in it
By Spun out of control
@DW

Ouch.

Yes, I remember going to a screening of Phantom in Leicester Square and on the way out we were handed a questionnaire which among other things asked about the best actor.

I put down R2-D2 and was only partially joking. Remain positive but cautious about the new one however.
By maxvelvet
Guys...I cannot believe that Disney put a SW movie in the hands of JJ Abrams... he was able to ruin the Star Trek franchise... wow...Into Darkness (the title says it all...). The best movie on Star Wars, after the original trilogy, was this one:

(It's the story of Spencer, isn't it? :D )
By siforster
My favourite bit of today is reading all over the internet about how that lightsaber's crossguard is really impractical, which completely misses the point about it looking really cool.

And I always felt that JarJar got a bit of a bum deal in the prequels - he wasn't that bad, what was bad was all the bollocks about politics that was too complicated for the kids and too bloody stupid for the rest of us.
By reelybored
I remember seeing Episode 1 at the Zigfield in NYC 3x trying to convince myself that "it wasn't that bad" of course I was simply lying to myself
By Spun out of control
The 'issue' this will have is offering enough of the original trilogy's magic and iconography to do the legacy justice, while simultaneously delivering something we haven't seen before (like that new fangled lightsaber) to thrill us all over again - a big ask ;)
By reelybored
Lmao both hilarious
By antimax
Looks promising, has a feel close to the originals so far, while still utilizing current FX and imagery. That jiggling robot alone sold me on this one! So far… Something tells me it's gonna at least smash the prequels in most ways.
By deathwaltz
Reelybored Thats where I was at the Zielgfeld ..
That first show at midnight was an incredible atmosphere and it almost carried the film .. we went to see it twice after and were utterly deflated , it is a horrible piece of shit , terrible script, acting , effects .... At least the originals had a cast clearly enjoying the stupidity of it all the Phantom Menace is like trying to swim in treacle....
By freshoj
@maxvelvet I will go one better and say Star Wars ended in 1977.

The rest of the movies have been a lot of fun, but such a continuity clusterfuck - intermingled with flashes of greatness and flashes of stupidity.

A New Hope stands alone! (if you can forgive Luke's whining)

With this said, I am excited for this one just as I have been for every sequel since.

By reelybored
@deathwaltz I agree, the atmosphere at the Zigfield was absolutely amazing and when that Fox fanfare willed out followed by the iconic opening text, the goosebumps coarsed all over my body. I was immensely excited and at the film's conclusion i was still enthralled. But soon after, searched my feelings and deemed it poop. I have faith with this new one, surely they must have learned and I do like JJ. But, we shall see
By scottyboy71
The Phantom Menace does have a redeeming feature; Darth Maul. That's a badass sabre fight.
The trade federation crap was interminable though.
By freshoj
I saw Phantom menace when it opened with my boy - which was a very cool way to see it.

After that many years and wearing out my theatrical cut VHS tapes, you better believe I got chills when that music started.

The boy is now 18 and off at uni. It is interesting to see an intelligent young man who was raised along with the prequels... he has kind of a fresh perspective and holds the Ewoks as no more sacred than the battle droids. Of course, this means he typically doesn't hold the prequels in enough contempt for the internet fanboy tastes - poor kid.
By Whip Wilson
JMC, that is a sweet story, my man. I intend to keep this in my mind and use it as linament for my throbbing skull the next time I suffer this film in it's entirety.
By freshoj
May The Salve Be With You. Always.

Pod races!!