A place for you to talk about movies / Blu Rays and anything related.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By strictlywayward
Anyone seen this yet? I finally got to watch it this weekend and enjoyed it a lot. Pretty creepy and unsettling, will definitely be watching again. I can imagine a cool storybook-record-type release for it, but I need to pay more attention to the score next time.
By philball1974
As scary as the press are making out?
By strictlywayward
That depends on your sensibilities, I suppose, but it is indisputably creepy.
By goodnightcigarettes
I thought this film was incredible. Very creepy and atmospheric, and comes with a pretty touching end point instead of unraveling in a big ball of cheese. There's hardly any music in the film, though.
By reelybored
I enjoyed it myself. Won't say scary but certainly creepy
By philball1974
Im convinced. I will check it out!
By philball1974
Well I'm not sure what your definition of scary is but I thought this film was scary as a hell!
By strictlywayward
Right on. I'm planning on catching it in a theater if it plays nearby (cinematic release: 11/28).
By philball1974
Excellent film. Let down somewhat by the end but definitely recommend to anyone.
By philball1974
Pop up book!!!! Wtf!! I'd never sleep again!!
By reelybored
Ooooh i might just have to get this :-)
By philball1974
Well I thought looking in the mirror and saying candyman was bad enough!
By Hatter313
That pop-up book looks absolutely stunning, i would totally jump on this, but i want to catch the flick first, Where can i see it in the US?
By strictlywayward
Your best bet for now is piracy, but it will be opening at the end of this month.
I'm sure that book will be worth every penny, but I don't think I have enough to justify it. We'll see how December goes.

11/23: Fuck that. I read the details on the site and saw that they aren't going to make the book, let alone charge cards, until 2000 orders have been placed. I'll swing that bring this thing to life. Awesome.
By VinyLOST
I know this thread is a month old, but you an watch "the Babadook" online at Amazon. I watched it at a friends house who pirates some things for me and I asked for this several months back around may or June, he had it for me the next day and holy shit! One of my favorites for sure. We ended up doing a double feature, can remember the other film, but we played Babadook through the projector with a killer sound system, great night with some good brew and friends, and don't forget to to look, for it maybe the Babadook!