A place for you to talk about movies / Blu Rays and anything related.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By layneharvey
CALLING ALL VINCENT PRICE FANS OUT THERE - there are a few vincent price related blu-ray releases coming up that i am very excited about:

The Monster Club
The Vincent Price Collection
House of Wax 3-D

these will all be released in october. i've been waiting for VP reissues for ages. i am super stoked about these.
By hncreature
Not to burst the bubble but an update on VPC...

Update on THE VINCENT PRICE COLLECTION: We had originally intended to include the U.S. version of WITCHFINDER GENERAL known as CONQUEROR WORM, but due to some unforeseen legal issues, we were told we would need to remove a scene from the film. Sine we felt the fans would have been unhappy that a scene was cut from the film, so we decided to drop the U.S. version of the film instead of editing the film. Sorry guys, we tried

A SCENE...ONE STINKING SCENE!!!

+1 with you layneharvey...super excited...these will be in the collection for sure!
By layneharvey
man, come ON! regardless i can't wait for this to come out. and The Monster Club and House of Wax 3-D? man, that rules.
By siforster
Somehow (I suspect drink) I ended up watching Bloodbath At The House Of Death at the weekend - terrible film but a lot of fun homages in there so someone knew what they were doing. And Vincent Price swearing in the best possible manner.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMSCANS-fw8[/video]
By layneharvey
ah yes, i love this one. very campy, but loads of fun. the video quality of the one i have is a transfer from VHS to DVD, and is quite gritty, but since it was never released on DVD (to my knowledge), i work with what i have. :)
By layneharvey
oh yes, that is awesome, too. so corny, but so much fun. :)
By hncreature
Hey Layne - I'd like to add something to your VP collection - Nothing huge...like an actual worn shoe or toe nail clippings...but something a VP collector might appreciate - Send me your address to hncreature (at) yahoo (dot) com -- Nick
By layneharvey
@hncreature - dude! i got the buttons in the mail. those are so cool! thank you so much. you are a gentleman!
By DISCOSUCKS...
Re: the VP blu ray collection - guys, I've just seen The Abominable Dr Phibes, and it's enough to make a grown fella weep - beautiful print ;)
By layneharvey
dear sweet lord. i cannot wait. how did you see it already? you got connections!
By DISCOSUCKS...
;) get jazzed for this, young man - it's Phibes as it was meant to be seen! Just such a shame we'll never get a Robert Fuest commentary for those films now.......
By DISCOSUCKS...
The opening sequence made my eyes tremble and squeal like little girls :)
By hncreature
You are welcome! Sorry I don't see the replies all that quick...I just sent an email asking - Glad you got them...again something I had that I figure a bigger VP fan would enjoy rather than collecting dust on my shelf - I'm still on the look out for those toe nail clipping for you...
By DISCOSUCKS...
Amendment - The Phibes blu ray DOES INDEED have a commentary with Robert Fuest!! Oh joy.....if only the could have released The Final Programme properly in his lifetime :(
By layneharvey
man, that is SWEET!!!
By layneharvey
just noticed that the Vincent Price MONSTER CLUB blu-ray dropped on amazon by more than 50%. only $10.98 now!

click this link

i had to go ahead and order that along with this:

Dracula: Prince of Darkness

hopefully my wife doesn't notice i am purchasing items off of my christmas wish list. :)
By hncreature
Hey Layne the link actually ties to your wishlist - I purchased it and it was nice enough to let me know they you did buy it and it maybe a duplicate if I was going to purchase it for you...LOL!

Thanks for the heads up!
By layneharvey
@hncreature - whoopsy! :) good lookin' out. i'm pretty damn excited about this one.