A place for you to talk about movies / Blu Rays and anything related.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By DISCOSUCKS...
This is very exciting news, a great under-rated Carpenter finally in HD:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DBNLAZW/ref ... amp=211189

I only hope that the listing of it being 1.77:1 aspect ratio is a mistake, and the print is anamorphic scope!!
If anyone is on the twitter, do you fancy asking @TheHorrorMaster if he knows anything about the release??
By Pitch
Great news!! Was just about to purchase the DVD, so think I'll wait.... such a great movie. Sam Neil is as good as he is in Possession.
By DISCOSUCKS...
Agreed! And Jurgen Prochnow is creepy and funny as hell...the only thing which marks it down for me is the crappy "Hellraiser"-style rubber monsters scene in the tunnel....should have left that one to the imagination for my taste.

I'd also consider giving my first born child to the label which puts out the OST on wax.....for me it's right up there with JC's best, love it! Come on guys, you know you want to :)
By Purplemule74

They made faux book covers as props for the movie. I was looking into getting some printed and bound to put on my shelf, so I can say that I also read Sutter Cane.
By aeonblack
I'm so excited for this! It has it's flaws, but it's definitely up there with my favourite Carpenter flicks (and horror flicks in general). Hopefully this will get it the exposure it deserves. I too would love the soundtrack for this one to be put out...
By DISCOSUCKS...
SOUNDTRACK PLEASE!!!

Hey, as I said - if anyone's on twitter (and also psyched about this release) do you fancy asking TheHorrorMaster if he knows anything about the transfer? The last one (for dvd) was supervised by he and DOP Gary Kibbe (and had a pretty good commentary by them) - I'm especially interested in knowing if they're putting it out in the correct 'scope ratio, despite what Amazon have listed.....cheers!

By Purplemule74
I haven't heard anything - The last release I scoop up when I see it to give to friends as a gift - surprisingly even folks with a pretty good appetite for horror missed it.

If you haven't seen it, check out 'Lord of Illusions'. The opening scene where they capture Nix is classic - and the sound for that section is wonderful!
By Zombish
Great news, Big fan of this movie, I'll be keeping an eye out.