A place for you to talk about movies / Blu Rays and anything related.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Purplemule74
I realize he is old and got himself caught up in a couple of scandals, but I still would have like Mel Gibson to have returned to this role. It would have been interesting to develop a story based on an older, wiser and more beaten Max Rockatansky.
By siforster
Needs more dog.

Otherwise, this looks fantastic. Bloody 2015 though? Gah.

By ghostfires
That would have been a lot better if they hadn't used stereotypical Hollywood movie music, and instead used Earth. I just don't get why anyone would make a desert film, and not use the music of Earth. Just don't get it.

Hopefully, shitty music aside, this will be as cool as the original!
By chandler75
Stupid question maybe, but what is "the music of Earth"?

I have mixed feelings about the trailer. I like how the focus is on "road warrior" / "war on the roads", but I miss the grittiness of the original (and Mel).
By Spun out of control
Is Tom Hardy's accent via Melbourne or Tooting Bec? Bit of a sarf London twang there...

Am excited for this re-boot, but lovely ladies in white aside it seems like more of the same to me, unless I'm missing something? Perhaps the other trailers will set out the reason why this is different to what we've already seen back in the 80s (spectacular car crashes and crazy hair/make up)?

When I first saw this post I assumed it was about DW releasing the score to the original movie. Now that I could get on board with! :)
By antimax
Oh HELL YES! Finally, George Miller returning to his roots! Albeit his roots are much more polished now, ha, but damn this just looks awesome. With Road Warrior being one of my favorite films of all time, all I gotta say (so far) is... wow.
By antimax
BTW Rasmus, I think ghost fires meant the music of "Earth", the band. Which yes, would have been totally badass and epic.
By Purplemule74
I read someplace Hugh Keays-Byrne is making an appearance in the new Mad Max.

Mr. Keays-Byrne played the part of 'Toecutter' in the original Max Max. His nutty performance is still one my favorite 'bad guy' performances.

By raedarius23@hotmail.com
[quote=26503]I read someplace Hugh Keays-Byrne is making an appearance in the new Mad Max.[/quote]

It would seem so:

By antimax
:O Yes this is my third post in here already, but… holy shit this looks amazing.
By static14
apparently he's wearing that mask over the lower part of his face to cover up some super nasty injuries :) google if you dare...
By Purplemule74
That. Is. Awesome.

I didn't know he'd (hopefully) have such a big part of the film. I figured it would be some crap-tacular cameo where he gets killed within the first two minutes of the movie.
By deathwaltz
@spun out of control

the movie is one long car chase that takes place over two days, word from the test screening last month were very good indeed I have no reason to beleive that this won't be brilliant.

Apparently the didn't have a script but instead got a couple of 2000AD artsits to do over 3500 storyboards.. Max utters 17 lines on dialogue in the whole 110 minute film..
I am psyched for this
By Spun out of control
@deathwaltz

Like the sound of the 2000AD involvement; that's encouraging. In fact, looking back at the original LP artwork it does have a very early Judge Dredd look and feel...

Will reserve judgement in that case.

In the meantime, how about a re-mastered edition of the 1980 soundtrack on the Death Waltz label with all your usual bells and whistles to coincide with the release of the new movie next year? Like with Godzilla? Surely a perfect fit for both parties?

If anyone can do it, you guys can. :)

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1m49Rbf3nww[/video]
By Spun out of control
@Purplemule74

Ha, ha, indeed not (!) we'll let Tina and her powerful pipes continue to enjoy their retirement... although it had its moments, that third movie was the point at which it jumped the proverbial shark in many respects...

Was thinking a deluxe DW re-press of the OST of the original first movie to tie in with the 35th anniversary (?) next year wouldn't be such a bad thing though.
By Purplemule74
To me, each of the original 3 films has charms and flaws. But that is part of why I like them, sometimes all the spit and polish detracts from a film. Post-apocalyptic should be a little rough around the edges.

The thing that got a bit frayed for me on the 3rd film was the inclusion of kids. Kids almost always fuck up an action movie. Take Iron Man 3: The inclusion of a kid to the story to try and sell a few billion happy meal toys turned the not so great script into crap.

Similarly, Mad Max 3 with the kids did give it a, "Mad Max goes to Apocalyptic Disneyland" at times.

What parts jumped the radioactive shark for you?
By synthxanderharris
I'm really looking forward to seeing this, it looks amazing.
By Darren LD1984
Just fucking wow, is right!
Looks incredible

I love the original trilogy, even Thunderdome with its flaws, but aside from its amazing artwork I was never crazy about the soundtrack.
By synthxanderharris
I've always felt that the Italian Post Apocalypse films (the cheaply produced tributes to Escape from NY and Road Warrior) had much better soundtracks. Warriors of the Wasteland and Bronx Warriors are two of my favorites of all time.

By Hatter313
Just walked out of a special screening for drafthouse memebers...

Unbelievable, I haven't been this jazzed walking out of a theater in a long time...run, don't walk, it's incredible. I don't know that I've ever actually seen a cooler film in my life...and like most of us on here you can imagine the weight of that claim.
By deafmetal
Hype levels nearing total meltdown. I also watched Nightsatan and the Loops of Doom last night to add to the preparty. Roll on next weekend!