A place for you to talk about movies / Blu Rays and anything related.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By aeonblack
Most of June and July have been pretty slow for releases, aside from a handful (hands of the ripper, street trash,punk vacation, a few tv show releases). This is another pretty decent week, so I figured I should make another thread!

I'll be picking up these this week:

-Heavy Traffic (Ralph Bakshi always gets my vote. I wouldn't say his stuff has aged well per se, but rather that it just looks different.
-Gangster Empire: Rise Of The Mob, The Complete Series. I love these true crime shows, and it's nice when they put out the whole series/miniseries as one release.
-Wild Bill (2011). Haven't ever heard of this one, but it's out of the uk. The reviews seem solid and the story seems decent, worth a shot.
-Lord Of The Flies (Criterion). I pick up all the criterion releases, but this is one I am excited about. Classic story, classic movie, and I absolutely love the cover art they did for the blu-ray release. The DVD release was awesome, but this one is just fantastic.
-42. I hate watching baseball. It's too long and too boring. But, I love baseball movies. They distill everything great about the game into a short, neat little package.
-Kidnapped. Bava. I don't need to say anymore.
-Black Sabbath. See above.
-Evil Dead. Was hoping to get a steelbook for this release, but I don't feel a need to venture into Target to get one, so I will probably just go with a regular release.
-Bullet To The Head. I like Walter Hill, and while I'm not a huge fan of "sly", I'm sure Walter Hill more than makes up for that.
-Hell On Wheels, The Complete Second Season. I only watched about half of the first season, but I enjoyed it and picked it up on blu-ray. Seeing as I will eventually get around to watching it, I figured I might as well pick up the second season as well.
-Solomon Kane. This one is probably going to suck, but if you put swords in a movie I will probably watch it. It's got James Purefoy in it (one of those actors that looks like other actors who you actually know...I think he's a mash-up of Thomas Jane and Hugh Jackman) so you know it's going to be a much lower budget and probably a worse script. Still, it's got a 6 on imdb which is pretty decent for movies with swords in them (lol).

What about you guys?
By carloscadaver
as far releases go, David Lynch put out a new LP of music. It's very bizarre, and I recommend it!