A place for you to talk about movies / Blu Rays and anything related.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By The Cult Leader
The franchise was over as soon as the first one started
Really shitty movies in MY opinion *shrugs*
By gumbercules9000
it's fun to see all these guys kinda poke fun at themselves, but how many explosions and gun fights can one really have.
By Darren LD1984
I don't know, look at Commando. That's 90 minutes of shooting and blowing stuff up, doesn't take itself seriously and it's hugely entertaining.

The Expendables is like The Phantom Menace of action movies
By lazyben
I hope it has montages. The first two were sadly lacking in this regard.

By ghostfires
I wasn't even aware that anyone viewed these films. I actually wasn't even aware they were considered real films. Total trash to me, trying to capitalize on nostalgia for actors that couldn't ever act in the first place.

The fun things about Rambo or Commando or even Last Action Hero are that they captured the style and art-of-action of the eras in which they were filmed...those same movies probably would not be big hits in today's theaters. I could not imagine paying $14 to sit and watch an Expendables film in a theater. I would rather watch a pro-bowling tournament.
By Whip Wilson
Ghosty, stay put. I'm coming over with a stack of DVDs, two six packs, and some rope. You're not leaving the couch until you see the light.
By jgibbs4053
Never enough! You need to sit back a watch Lone Wolf McQuade, I Come in Peace, and Cobra. This amazing film has the greatest actors giving the greatest performance of our life time again!
By ghostfires
Haha Mateo - how about we skip the expendables nonsense, and just watch my vhs copies of Blue Sunshine and The Visitor!?
By Purplemule74
This movie series is like sex with a street hooker. Familiar, flabby, and eventually you'll be sick because of it.
By philball1974
Watched it. Enjoyed it. Rousey is awesome, the best female fighter there ever was and hot as hell!!
By unpopular_poet
I am with Mateo -- I could probably sit through 30 more of these -- The minute you start taking them seriously, you are in trouble -- they are just fun as hell, nothing more. Plus, I love Stallone. That's right, I said it.
By blackwaterrisin
[quote=27917]Watched it. Enjoyed it. Rousey is awesome, the best female fighter there ever was and hot as hell!![/quote]

I love Ronda.
Still haven't brought myself to watch any Expendables films though.