A place for you to talk about movies / Blu Rays and anything related.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By philball1974
I've just watched an awesome documentary called sound it out which is about the only record shop in tee side. Brilliant! We vinyl collectors really are an odd bunch!!

Anyways, apart from saying you should all see this film, especially if you are from the uk, are there any other good docs about record collecting apart from this and last shop standing?

Anything on soundtracks/film scores ?
By static14
I Need That Record! is pretty fun as well.
By 4000days
I Need That Record! IS awesome, if for no other reason than having several of my friends in it, including one whose store's last days are documented. Really well done film, and a product of the labor of love of both filmaking and vinylnerding on the part of the guy behind it.
By ghostfires
I wanted to watch I Want That Record and really tried, but I couldn't get half-way through it. The amount of bitching and whining and complaining was just awful. I thought it would be celebrating the record store, but it was just nonstop negativity. I get it - it's to show off how much it sucks that some peoples favorite shops were closing, but damn...I can't sit through them whining about it for two hours!
By ghostfires
@discosucks - That Vinyl doc is great! Lots of weirdness and interesting conversations. Thank you for posting that. The part about Geddy Lee talking listeners out of vinyl is pretty funny too.
By orbtastic
I found want that record too whiny and introspective.

last shop standing and sound it out were both pretty good, although some real oddballs on sound it out.

worth a watch (not necessarily vinyl per se but related):

muscle shoals
presspauseplay
vinylmania
sound of belgium
sample this
wrecking crew
standing in the shadows of motown
scratch
beats rhymes life
upside down

There's a couple of films about crate digging, pretty interesting. Name of both of them escape me though, have to check later when at home.
By monsterworship
Got about half way through the Vinyl doc above, thoroughly depressing!

Fun to see Harvey Pekar / American Splender fame.
By thenuthouse
Last Shop Standing's worth watching, if for nothing other than the amazingly insightful interviews with Johnny Marr.