A place for you to talk about movies / Blu Rays and anything related.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By anthony m
i am a life long fan of the evil dead and the second one is my favorite. and i was really pissed when they said they were going to make a remake. but i have to admit aside from the actors i thought it was really good. just wanted to see what everyone elses opinion of the film was
By jamie
I seenthe Evil Dead movie recently which I thought was pretty gory and quite jumpy. Then the other day I seen the original and thought it was a touch better. Bruce Campbell was totally awesome.Ashamed to say that I seem it after I seem the so called remake.
By palmat
I thought it was well made but not that scary to be honest. I mean, tons of gore doesn't really do it for me these days. I wish they had ramped up the psychological aspect of the whole thing. And I really got pissed off by the staggering amount of stupidity in the plot. If you're gonna do a solid horror remake why make it more stupid and implausible than the original? The acting and production work was pretty solid though.
By Piranhaboy
I really liked it. I thought as far as remakes go it was great. It did a few things right. Being set in modern times it didn't try to modernise the original. It wasn't "Evil Dead with Mobile Phones" "Evil Dead with the internet" and apart from the vehicles they arrive in there was nothing that gave away the time in which this movie was set. It looked a lot like it was still 1981 and the one winning touch to all this was Lou Taylor Pucci's glasses. Such classic 80s spectacles. What really blew me away was the similarities between the score of this one and Joseph Loduca's score from 1981. There seemed to be bits/riffs/motifs lifted wholesale for the original, so much so I looked for his name in the credits. Yeh anyway. I really liked it. It wont beat the original (ever) but as far as respectful homage/ remakes go it was top notch
By anthony m
yea in no way does it beat the original. but as far as remakes go. this is probibly the best one ive seen
By antimax
I think that Evil Dead 2 is one of the greatest and most important films ever made. With that said, the remake was pretty great, I really enjoyed it. I was a MAJOR skeptic at first, but I just gave into it while watching it. They did some really great stuff with the effects and just... some pretty fucked-up moments. That whole (SPOILER) end scene with the raining blood and the chainsaw in that corpse... that was just some sick assssss shiiiiiitttttt!

BUT - why not just make it independent of itself? WHY even call it Evil Dead? I'd have just a little more respect for it if it wasn't a remake.