A place for you to talk about movies / Blu Rays and anything related.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Hardrain02
Hi guys and girls. With the impending release of the Creepshow soundtrack from the always awesome Waxwork Records, can anyone advise me on whether this Blu Ray release:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Creepshow-Blu-r ... epshow+blu

Is significantly better in quality or in extras/general package to this DVD:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Creepshow-Disc- ... =creepshow

Some folks say its superior for the extras(although they never say which ones) but does anyone have first hand experience with the set that can say if its worth paying the extra for and if it is the "Definitive Version" so to speak? The 2 disk DVD is cheap as chips on ebay and I like the look of the black cover with the text at the top but, if the Blu Ray is truly better I am happy to go for that instead.

If any anyone can also say which version on amazon (or wherever you may shop)is the uncut version of Ms .45 as well, I would be grateful. Amazon have an awful habit of putting all the reviews of different versions of a movie under every release so I am struggling to work out which is truly uncut.

Thanks everybody.

By hncreature
Sadly can't give any input for the US versions are crap - The Blu-ray has NO extras...got a .9 out of 5 at Blu-Ray.com...which probably means there are none - We don't even have the 2-disc DVD available to us here either - Bummer too because with all the soundtracks that are being released I'm trying to match the movie to the soundtracks that I have - Maybe with the Lp coming out someone will do the movie decently here in the States
By Deadite
Definitely go with the UK blu! You will not be disappointed. The feature-length documentary is worth the price of admission alone! Plus over 10 min. of extended scenes not in the theatrical cut.

I own the US release, and the audio and video are top notch, but there are zero extras beyond the theatrical trailer. I ended up buying a bootleg of the documentary to complete the set!

By Hardrain02
@Deadite Thanks for the info mate, Ill definitely be getting the UK Blu then. Love a good documentary.

@hncreature Im also trying to get the movie of each of the releases but there are so many versions of everything now that its a mine field trying to get the right ones. Or uncut versions with decent extras etc. I might try to put a list together for all the DW, OWS and Waxwork releases and see if the forum cant help out with the best EU and USA versions of things.

If either of you want the UK Blu or DVD just let me know and I can send one over to you.