A place for you to talk about movies / Blu Rays and anything related.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By aeonblack
I know a lot of movie releases are scattered throughout the week these days, but tuesday is still the day when the majority of stuff gets released on blu-ray/dvd. SO, this thread is to let everyone know what you are picking up this week. If you want, do a little write up about why you got what you did.
By deathwaltz
Nice . I never know release dates. I am pretty useless like that!
By aeonblack
All Blu-Ray

The Newsroom: The Complete First Season
House Of Cards: The Complete First Season
Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters
Oz The Great And Powerful
How To Survive A Plague
Falling Skies: The Complete First Season
Falling Skies: The Complete Second Season
Ninja 3: The Domination
Wild Strawberries (Criterion Collection)

I've heard great things about The Newsroom, House Of Cards and Falling Skies, so I decided to pick up those (and along with Breaking Bad's newest season coming out last week, I've got a lot of catching up to do). I'll watch any docu, so How To Survive A Plague (regarding the aids epidemic in the 80's) was an obvious choice for me. I dig James Franco, and Oz was basically the only "big ticket" release this week, which is always good to have for watching with a larger group of friends. Ninja 3 and Hansel & Gretel were my dumbed down choices for this week. Try as I might to escape it, I still love me some bad schlocky stuff, even when it's a blatant bandwagon-hopping b-movie (seriously, when is hollywood going to give it up on these reimagined fairy tales? I should probably stop supporting them...). I buy everything on Criterion, and I love the tone and mood Bergman has in his films.
By aeonblack
Spencer, you can check blu-ray.com. It lists everything on blu, even obscure region specific stuff. If you make a free account, it even lets you save your preferences. Pretty solid site!
By FnordChan
The real winner this week, with all due respect to Bergman, is definitely Ninja III: The Domination. Here's the DVD Drive-In review to whet your appetite!
By hncreature
Scream Factory releases...

**RELEASE DATE UPDATE FOR UPCOMING TITLES**

Start marking your calenders for the following upcoming releases from us at Scream Factory. Pre-order links will show up in the next couple of months along with more details:

THE AMITYVILLE HORROR TRILOGY (Blu-ray) - 10/1
THE VINCENT PRICE COLLECTION (Blu-ray) - 10/22
NIGHT OF THE COMET - (DVD & Blu-ray combo) - November Date TBD
BODY BAGS (DVD & Blu-ray combo) - Nov Date TBD
THE HORROR SHOW (DVD & Blu-ray combo) - Nov Date TBD
THE BEAST WITHIN (Blu-ray) - December Date TBD
CRAWLSPACE (Blu-ray) - December Date TBD
By hncreature
SO SORRY!!! I got excited and posted without reading all the way through...or just read what I wanted...sorry again - Couldn't find a delete button
By Dalen
whoaw, looking forward to THE BEAST WITHIN blu-ray.
By aeonblack
No worries HN! I'm excited about a bunch of those releases and it's always good to know what's on the horizon for this year.

As for this weeks releases, I will most likely be picking up:
-Lifeforce
-Workaholics Season 3
-The Howling
-Things To Come (Criterion)
-Wilfred Season 2

There were a few others on my maybe list, but it's looking like these are the only ones I really want to grab.