General tape / cassette talk here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By thewaystation
Apologies if this has been covered before.

I am thinking about selling parts of my tape ‚collection‘ (mostly metal / experimental) but haven‘t been able to source adequate mailers (I‘m based in Europe).

Maybe someone here knows where to get these? Thank you!
By Bezulsqy
thewaystation wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:11 pm Apologies if this has been covered before.

I am thinking about selling parts of my tape ‚collection‘ (mostly metal / experimental) but haven‘t been able to source adequate mailers (I‘m based in Europe).

Maybe someone here knows where to get these? Thank you!
Most tapes I receive are packaged in standard bubble envelopes and an extra layer of bubble wrap around that tap. You can get those envelopes in a lot of places (postal office, office supply store and maybe even some supermarkets).
By inksb
Same as @bez said, majority of tapes these days are coming in small bubble mailers with bubble wrap around the tapes inside the packaging. I used to get tapes in cardboard mailers but they are way less frequent these days.
By thewaystation
Wow, thanks for responding immediately. The bubble wrap way is how I got most of them as well but I was wondering if these cardboard mailers are also an option still.
By Bub
For additional safety measures, you can also cut pieces of cardboard, tape them to the front & back of the cases & then wrap them in bubble wrap.
By Spun out of control
It's a delicate operation sending tapes in the post... like the guys said (and we do the same) most are sent out in bubble wrap mailers with an extra layer wrapped around the cassette - particularly if sending abroad. :)

The issue we have in the UK and using Royal Mail, is that if you make the bubble wrapping too thick, then the package jumps from being classed as a 'large letter' to a 'parcel' and the cost rises considerably.

You can still get those fold-out card mailers that wrap snugly around the tape too, with no room for any additional bubble wrap, and they will mail for the same cost as the large letter mentioned above (at least as far as the UK goes).
By thewaystation
Cool, thanks for all your advice! I’ll use bubble wrap mailers and cardboard pieces and see how it goes.