General tape / cassette talk here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By ScoJo
Well helloooo Mr Fancy Pants...

Myself and Brother Max have conspired to create a run of 5x cassettes of my recent Hardcore OST handmade, and he sent me a sexy shot of the work in progress:
IMG_0052.PNG
IMG_0052.PNG (496.11 KiB) Viewed 2063 times
I made a batch of three-panel Jcard inserts, based on the art from the CD version I made- you can see them top right.

Max has duped 5x copies on a batch of authentic 70s Type 1 stock- and theyre housed in a bunch of old shells, so with occasional dropouts etc this will be giving a truly authentic 'if this score was released in 1979' ambience!

The run is available to you lovely folks, first come and usual terms/conditions apply etc (ie you just cover materials and shippage)
By inksb
Sexy. I'll take one.

Can I get a workflow break down here?

I dub my own cassettes occasionally, I usually take it from Foobar, through my sound card, out to my technics deck.
By ScoJo
@inks - you got it.

Workflow- I'm guessing, but looks like Max is outputting digi files through mixer, out to his D3. Or he may be using his ScoJo Handmade CD as source.
By maxlevel
It’s a very simple setup @inksb, it’s L/R line out from amp, from CD, into Tascam porta 05, stereo mix out to D6C. I was going to just do a mono mix but actually the CD should be replicated faithfully as it’s excellent. I was also going to copy from a new master tape but again, why introduce any flaws when it’s no problem just to use the best source? It’s all in real time anyway, you can’t just click and burn. From my point of view, my feet haven’t touched the ground in weeks, so it’s been lovely doing some honest work today!
By inksb
Thanks @max, that's what I assumed from the photo but wondered if there was anything that I couldn't see.
By ScoJo
Hardcore K7:

@inksb
@Dick_Tremayne
@Bezulsqy

2x left...

@inksb and @Dick - if you could DM me please with your postal address and we'll set it up cheers :)