General tape / cassette talk here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By maxlevel
I found some really old Japanese blank tapes on tapeline, and I haven’t made any mixtapes in a while so I’m doing david shire as we speak. Selected tracks from whatever I can dig out, mostly Pelham 123 and Conversation

Tape: Yokohama c-90 type 1. Deck: wm-d6c

By ScoJo
maxlevel wrote:I found some really old Japanese blank tapes on tapeline, and I haven’t made any mixtapes in a while so I’m doing david shire as we speak. Selected tracks from whatever I can dig out, mostly Pelham 123 and Conversation

Tape: Yokohama c-90 type 1. Deck: wm-d6c

But... how does the vinyls fit in the little tape hole??
By ScoJo
Kidding aside, that's gonna be a killer mix, master max.

I have a very lot of Shire (vinyl, but lots of digital) so if there's anything you're jonesing for you could try me.
By ScoJo
maxlevel wrote:@scojo I could make you a tape if you want?
Dang! *fist punches air*

I could exchange with a (surprise) mix of my own, if you like?
By inksb
@max I'll take the digital mix unless you are direct transferring vinyl to tape. I won't ask for a tape as I believe we are separated by a big pond and shipping is dumb. ;)
By maxlevel
@scojo ok! But, as your collection of david shire is probably better than mine it’ll be a general tape from my soundtrack collection. Il swap you one! And I’ll post the tracklist for @inksb... also 90 mins is a long damn tape. Il do a 60 mins tape?
By ScoJo
maxlevel wrote:@scojo ok! But, as your collection of david shire is probably better than mine it’ll be a general tape from my soundtrack collection. Il swap you one! And I’ll post the tracklist for @inksb... also 90 mins is a long damn tape. Il do a 60 mins tape?
60mins sounds sweeet... This will be a challenge since, even though I have a Teac deck, it's as yet untested in the 'Rec' dept. Has been a while for me, the whole mixtape thang. Hope I haven't lost my MAD NINJA SKILLZ!!!

I already have a theme in mind tho...
By maxlevel
@inksb if you send me a tape I’ll send you one. I think it’s like £10 postage but as long as we both send one over it’s fine...

I have a few ideas chewing around. My b side of david shire didn’t come out well at all, the tape is actually too old! My d6c wobbles a lot. Side a is fine. Keeping it to 60 minutes might be better technically!
By maxlevel
@scojo check your PMs. As much as I want to send it to Royal Mail for a Christmas gift...
By maxlevel
@scojo did it arrive??

It was good fun. I’ve had a bit of feedback and it’s all great making a rough as tits mixtape, I need an actual mixer and a long think
By ScoJo
maxlevel wrote:@scojo did it arrive??

It was good fun. I’ve had a bit of feedback and it’s all great making a rough as tits mixtape, I need an actual mixer and a long think
Oh shit. I was idly thinking the other day, 'damn, I hope that Max got held up en route to the post box, cuz it seems an ominously long time with no-show otherwise...'

:-(
By ScoJo
maxlevel wrote:Damn
@Maximillian! I have thrilling news sir...

The silver 'customs handling' post office card which went thru the door yesterday wasn't for the expected Waxworks arrival after all - awaiting me at the depot was your K7 package, with a small amount of additional coin of the British Realm to pay before I could claim it to my bossom!

So I'm PRESSING PLAY right this instant, and tumbling down into the percussive sound world of Akira and Kaneda at the start of Side A.....

God bless us, every one!

(Ps. The machinary is beginning to grind on your return spools.... be afraid!)
By maxlevel
@scojo well that’s great! I’ll give it a clean tomorrow, it’s been a little off recently.... You paid additional for that tape? I weighed it on their machine and used their provided stamps.