General tape / cassette talk here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By inksb
I used to be a graphic designer but left the field over 10 years ago. Occasionally I get the itch to do some fun layouts. Not often but it does happen.
By Spun out of control
Forgot this thread existed... if I may humbly submit the one copy of our latest tape we have left via Bandcamp...? :)

(Try Norman Records or Rough Trade if this is already gone)

http://www.spunoutofcontrol.com

@ScoJo also has a fancy falluting cassette combo out this weekend an' all...
Attachments
Midnight Demon Purple Prey cassette Turquoise Moon copy.jpg
Midnight Demon Purple Prey cassette Turquoise Moon copy.jpg (545.79 KiB) Viewed 7570 times
By inksb
maxlevel wrote:I missed the damn I am Japan tape.
I think they only made 70 copies so it was insanely limited. I grabbed one directly from burning witches bandcamp but there is still vinyl available. It's a great album.

I can't wait to get my copies of Swim and Midnight Demon, they should be here some time in the next month or two.
By Mateo Sanboval
inksb wrote:New Ogre up for purchase, ships around late July. Limited to 100

https://ogresound.bandcamp.com/album/megacopter-ost

Love the Metal Gear design.
I snapped this up at 1030 Zulu time. Looking forward to turning its cogs.

PS - What do you mean by "Metal Gear design"?
By inksb
deafmetal wrote:
Mateo Sanboval wrote:PS - What do you mean by "Metal Gear design"?
@Mateo - the title font:

@deafmetal is correct. Also the grid in the background reminds me of Metal Gear VR Missions.

I'm torn on buying this tape. The music is good but I just grabbed Spun's newest release last week and I think I'm going to grab that new Goblin reissue. Not enough money!
By Bezulsqy
inksb wrote:
deafmetal wrote:
Mateo Sanboval wrote:PS - What do you mean by "Metal Gear design"?
@Mateo - the title font:

@deafmetal is correct. Also the grid in the background reminds me of Metal Gear VR Missions.

I'm torn on buying this tape. The music is good but I just grabbed Spun's newest release last week and I think I'm going to grab that new Goblin reissue. Not enough money!
Loved that game and the VR missions...
By deafmetal
My introduction to Metal Gear was back in '88 on the NES:

This game pretty much ruled my summer vacation that year. I remember I had enough paper route pay to pick up one game, and I was trying to find Bionic Commando on a rare visit to a KB Toys store but they were sold out. This was my #2 pick at the time.
By Bezulsqy
deafmetal wrote:My introduction to Metal Gear was back in '88 on the NES:

This game pretty much ruled my summer vacation that year. I remember I had enough paper route pay to pick up one game, and I was trying to find Bionic Commando on a rare visit to a KB Toys store but they were sold out. This was my #2 pick at the time.
Love that cover!
By Mateo Sanboval
inksb wrote:Holy shit! I've never seen that. Well we all know where Kojima ripped his from then!
You've never seen Airwolf? Change your life, playboy.
By deafmetal
Mateo Sanboval wrote:You've never seen Airwolf? Change your life, playboy.
Airwolf blew my young mind back in the 80's. I remember trying to build lego versions of the copter back then. Black bricks were highly valued on my block for this purpose.