General tape / cassette talk here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By inksb
If you are talking about the one I posted it didn't, it was made for 10-15 people by some one who was just gifting them to friends. It's not a release that was sold or put out in any capacity.
By Mateo Sanboval
inksb wrote:If you are talking about the one I posted it didn't, it was made for 10-15 people by some one who was just gifting them to friends. It's not a release that was sold or put out in any capacity.
Cheeky buggers. I like it.
By Mateo Sanboval
Nice work, Max! Set an alarm and tried desperately, but it was gone before I could check out. Fingers crossed I can catch it later.
By inksb
I didn't think this was going to be as crazy as it was. I woke up late, looked at my phone and saw a ton of notifications from Burning Witches. Went to bandcamp and there were only 6 remaining. By the time I completed check out there were three left. I really wanted the 3 tape bundle so I didn't have to worry about getting up a bunch of days early but to my own fault I missed it. Looking forward to all of these and I may freak out if I can't get the remaining two ;)
By inksb
I was able to snag one of the 3packs from the second batch (just 10 copies), it went up on the site a few minutes before 1PM EST/6PM BST, I bought and I'm pretty sure the rest sold out at 1 or a minute or two after. So fast. I love it but I hope they make a little bit bigger runs in the future if I'm going to have to worry about buying stuff the instant it goes on sale. I know it's tough for them to judge as SWIM is still available which should have sold just as well as their other tapes since it's a phenomenal release but maybe Phantom VS Fire doesn't have the traction that other artist on the label have.
By inksb
With the new Burning Witches and Spun tapes, this release has been overshadowed today.

Timothy Fife - Hoichi the Earless
Composer / synth wizard Timothy Fife has established an impressive name for himself with his duo Victims, along with a string of solo albums, collaborations and compilation appearances on such esteemed labels as Death Waltz, Polytechnic Youth, Spun Out of Control, and Burning Witches. This new long-form work, Hoichi The Earless, provides an alternate soundtrack to the segment of the same name from the legendary Japanese horror film anthology Kwaidan. Full spectrum kosmiche sound for protection from evil.

Originally written and recorded for a live screening event hosted by Holodeck Records at last year’s SXSW happenings, these recordings offer over an hour of Technicolor electronics, a contemporary score for an ancient folktale.

Pretty cool release. I grabbed one this morning.
By Mateo Sanboval
inksb wrote:With the new Burning Witches and Spun tapes, this release has been overshadowed today.

Timothy Fife - Hoichi the Earless
Composer / synth wizard Timothy Fife has established an impressive name for himself with his duo Victims, along with a string of solo albums, collaborations and compilation appearances on such esteemed labels as Death Waltz, Polytechnic Youth, Spun Out of Control, and Burning Witches. This new long-form work, Hoichi The Earless, provides an alternate soundtrack to the segment of the same name from the legendary Japanese horror film anthology Kwaidan. Full spectrum kosmiche sound for protection from evil.

Originally written and recorded for a live screening event hosted by Holodeck Records at last year’s SXSW happenings, these recordings offer over an hour of Technicolor electronics, a contemporary score for an ancient folktale.

Pretty cool release. I grabbed one this morning.
Hear hear! Fife is making some of the best music out there, full stop. I set an alarm last night and snapped up my copy then.

Not to mention that this was also released as a double 8-track. So you can be that much hipper than the rest of us "shrinky dinks" if you so choose.
By DigitalHiss
I grabbed that Fife quick. Just checked and there are some still available. All the Fife I've heard on compilations, etc has been great, even snagged that lathe cut 7" a while back.

Bachmeier cassette from Spun...pink version. Love the previous release from this project and curious as to where it goes from there..

Missed out on the Burning Witches bundle, got Vol 1 though. Plan to get the others as they are released. I've listened to about 10 minutes of the Repeated Viewing side digitally and it is as expected; awesome, moody RV.

*EDITED to correct me wording something wrong...
Last edited by DigitalHiss on Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By inksb
DigitalHiss wrote:I grabbed that Fife quick. Just checked and there are some still available. All the Fife I've heard even aside from the album has been great, even snagged that lathe cut 7" a while back.
Do you not like Black Carbon or have you not heard it yet? I would love to get the lathe cut but I most likely missed the boat on that one being reasonable anymore.
By DigitalHiss
inksb wrote:
DigitalHiss wrote:I grabbed that Fife quick. Just checked and there are some still available. All the Fife I've heard even aside from the album has been great, even snagged that lathe cut 7" a while back.
Do you not like Black Carbon or have you not heard it yet? I would love to get the lathe cut but I most likely missed the boat on that one being reasonable anymore.
ahh I worded that wrong...I meant to say "along with the album"...all his appearances on compilations/collaborations in the meantime have been great and I'm looking foward to hearing this second album.
By inksb
That makes sense, I was very confused at how you could like everything else he's done except the album. I think every one is going to dig Hoichi the Earless. I can't wait to get my copy. I couldnt' resist listening to the digital version.
By inksb
That's a cool little boxset. I'd pick it up if I didn't have all of the albums on LP already. $30 seems pretty reasonable as well.
By deafmetal
@Bez - The preview track is short and sweet. I was really pleased with both All Hallows' and the NotLD re-score, so I am throwing down the big bucks for that 3-tape investigation set. The Psionic Realignment tape has me very interested...
By lazyben
Mr phatso, whoever you may be, if you’re wondering where your last post in this thread disappeared to this is not the forum for proferring whatever legally dubious shenanigans you may be up to. Please bear this in mind next time you consider posting here.