General tape / cassette talk here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Mateo Sanboval
TDO and Biblio are legit. Thanks for helping me fill a hole in the collection.
By inksb
Mateo Sanboval wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:49 am TDO and Biblio are legit. Thanks for helping me fill a hole in the collection.
Do you have the 1984 Audio Obscura release? The sample of that sounded incredible.
By Mateo Sanboval
inksb wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:05 pm
Mateo Sanboval wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:49 am TDO and Biblio are legit. Thanks for helping me fill a hole in the collection.
Do you have the 1984 Audio Obscura release? The sample of that sounded incredible.
Yessir. I have all the Biblio tapes so far.
By inksb
Me too. I don't know if I've watched that one. I watched her quadraphonic performance in a church but I don't think it was a memorial performance. I think it's really cool to see her using the 200e with ipad interface. Seeing some one adapt new technology and still making music.
By ScoJo
BOR Logo WEB FINAL.jpg
BOR Logo WEB FINAL.jpg (284.22 KiB) Viewed 6483 times

So who doesn't like a club?

Well myself and Max got our shit together, and we made one. And our inaugural tape is all set to go. It's a goody.

This will all be by mailing list only, and the first will be going out tomorrow evening BST. Drop us a mail if you want in:

blowoutrecordings@gmail.com
By Mateo Sanboval
maxlevel wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:17 am Slightly underwhelming cassette release for Stranger Things 3 https://www.fye.com/music-from-the-netf ... 75546.html
They have released the score to the previous seasons on cassette in VHS style slipcases. I'm not sure if that's going to happen again, but the first two are pretty cool.
By inksb
maxlevel wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:55 am @inksb so these are reissues? I’ve had 3 for a while, I think I missed 4
No, it's stupid and confusing way to release these. This is the third tape of Suoni Della Paura IV. Where Suoni Della Paura III was two tapes in one release they decided to break IV up into 3 single tape releases. I don't get it but they apparently had some issues that delayed it and changed the way the released it. I asked Ethan what was going on when it missed it's original release date and he said they were having lots of issues on the back end and it was delayed, when it showed up months later they had broken it up in multiple volumes instead of a set of 3 tapes.
By dusty fingers
Hi all bit of shameless plugging for a cassette by Analog Nightmare that I have worked on for the upcoming Cassette Store Day on the 12 October.
There are other great releases for Cassette Store Day the full list is up on Vinyl Factory's site here https://thevinylfactory.com/news/casset ... xclusives/
The full tracks on the Analog Nightmare cassette can be heard here https://analognightmare.bandcamp.com/releases
thanks
By Mateo Sanboval
dusty fingers wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:55 pm Hi all bit of shameless plugging for a cassette by Analog Nightmare that I have worked on for the upcoming Cassette Store Day on the 12 October.
There are other great releases for Cassette Store Day the full list is up on Vinyl Factory's site here https://thevinylfactory.com/news/casset ... xclusives/
The full tracks on the Analog Nightmare cassette can be heard here https://analognightmare.bandcamp.com/releases
thanks
Congrats, Dusty. And welcome back. Hard to believe that CSD is already upon us. What's your involvement with the new Analog Nightmare? Are you them?
By dusty fingers
Mateo Sanboval wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:03 am
dusty fingers wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:55 pm Hi all bit of shameless plugging for a cassette by Analog Nightmare that I have worked on for the upcoming Cassette Store Day on the 12 October.
thanks
Congrats, Dusty. And welcome back. Hard to believe that CSD is already upon us. What's your involvement with the new Analog Nightmare? Are you them?
Thanks Mateo yes it is approaching fast I am personally hoping to score a The the tape among others, yes I worked on the production.
If you or anyone else on the forum are interested in buying a copy message me I can do them for a discounted rate of £7 for that you will get the tape, a USB key with tracks from the tape plus a few exclusives and also a sticker sheet.
If you have a look at the Analog Nightmare Instagram page there should be some pictures of the tape https://www.instagram.com/p/B2WzCIzFELD ... _copy_link
By inksb
Were you able to snag the two newest Biblio releases? They disappeared quick. I really wanted Cat's Cradle but was not paying attention to the speed at which it was selling.

I know you used to pick up some of the Bludhoney cassettes, do you know what happened to that label? Seems they haven't put anything out since last year, their social media is a ghost town and one of the last things posted was they said there going to release 輕描淡寫 ‎– 小圈子 on vinyl in 2019 (this was late '18). I would buy that in heartbeat as I missed out on the cassette.
By Mateo Sanboval
inksb wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:45 pm
Were you able to snag the two newest Biblio releases? They disappeared quick. I really wanted Cat's Cradle but was not paying attention to the speed at which it was selling.

I know you used to pick up some of the Bludhoney cassettes, do you know what happened to that label? Seems they haven't put anything out since last year, their social media is a ghost town and one of the last things posted was they said there going to release 輕描淡寫 ‎– 小圈子 on vinyl in 2019 (this was late '18). I would buy that in heartbeat as I missed out on the cassette.
Yo, Inks. I missed Dune, which was my first Biblio miss and is in my top two of theirs, but I did snag a Cats Cradle. Looking forward to receiving it.

As to Bludhoney, and their companion label Chamber 38, I haven't heard too much. Rumor is that there was an illness or some other financial hardships and they basically pulled up stakes. I had an infrequent, yet long-running, email chain going with the label boss and I haven't heard from them in over a year. I believe there was also an issue with an LP release being presold and never delivered, the missed deadline of which loosely corresponded with the labels shuttering.
By inksb
Mateo Sanboval wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:13 am
inksb wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:45 pm

Yo, Inks. I missed Dune, which was my first Biblio miss and is in my top two of theirs, but I did snag a Cats Cradle. Looking forward to receiving it.

As to Bludhoney, and their companion label Chamber 38, I haven't heard too much. Rumor is that there was an illness or some other financial hardships and they basically pulled up stakes. I had an infrequent, yet long-running, email chain going with the label boss and I haven't heard from them in over a year. I believe there was also an issue with an LP release being presold and never delivered, the missed deadline of which loosely corresponded with the labels shuttering.
Bummer on both accounts. I saw a few people complain about not getting a record but I just assumed it was the usual shipping woes of a small label.
By inksb
I want that tape but honestly have zero use for it. I already have the LP and know I would listen to that over this. The art is so good.