General tape / cassette talk here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Spun out of control
A heads up first reveal of the cover for the Spun... Cassette Store Day 2018 offering.

Following on from Anomaly On Meadow Lane this time last year, the Bachmeier family have once again kindly granted us access to his archives of dusty reels containing more previously unheard spacey electronica... suitably retro cover by the fantastic Eric Adrian Lee.... out for October 13th!
Attachments
STEFAN BACHMEIER THE INFERNAL MACHINE CSD 2018.jpg
STEFAN BACHMEIER THE INFERNAL MACHINE CSD 2018.jpg (981.33 KiB) Viewed 7115 times
Last edited by Spun out of control on Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By inksb
Awesome! I was really bummed I missed out on the last Stefan release. It's an excellent album and I wish I had the tape but the digital has to suffice. Looking forward to this one.
By Mateo Sanboval
Killer j-card. That's the kind of cover I'd look for when sifting through old sci-fi paperbacks at the second hand shops in my youth.
By Hatter313
Mateo Sanboval wrote:Killer j-card. That's the kind of cover I'd look for when sifting through old sci-fi paperbacks at the second hand shops in my youth.

Funny you say this, my local record store has been putting boxes upon boxes of old Sci fi paperbacks out for like 3 for a dollar, I’ve picked up some silly gems. Now if he starts putting out 70s-90s horror paperbacks I’ll really be screwed
By Mateo Sanboval
Hatter313 wrote:
Mateo Sanboval wrote:Killer j-card. That's the kind of cover I'd look for when sifting through old sci-fi paperbacks at the second hand shops in my youth.

Funny you say this, my local record store has been putting boxes upon boxes of old Sci fi paperbacks out for like 3 for a dollar, I’ve picked up some silly gems. Now if he starts putting out 70s-90s horror paperbacks I’ll really be screwed
Christ, Hatter, I'm glad that's not my local. I'd be bringing them home by the armload.
By Phatso
Mateo Sanboval wrote:
Phatso wrote:
ScoJo wrote:Hmmm...... my Spidey sense is tingling about young @Phatso... something I can't quite put finger on....

If I start feel nervous here then it’s game over without a note.
Phatso, you clearly have a grip of folks here that are interested in what you've proposed but just dropping crumbs instead of giving us a real taste is naturally going to lead to speculation. No one here cares one iota if you, or a "friend", makes a bootleg tape of The Shining. In fact, a bunch of us would be into it. And if you're actually going to try and produce a real tape and solve previously unsolvable rights issues, well while you may be tilting at windmills, we'd all love to be along for that ride. That said, go back and read your posts; there not terribly clear. Or at least they could be easily interpreted as meaning something very different from what you originally proposed. I think that's why folks are giving you a bit of the business. Maybe just say, "Hey, I'm gonna make some cool looking dupes of The Shining and here's the mockup. Anybody interested in this for materials and shipping?" or if you're worried the soundtrack police will crash your cave like the Kool-Aid Man, don't mention it at all in a semi-public place. Then you won't have to worry about folks blowing up your spot because they can't decode your texts. Just my neighborly pair of pennies.
All’s well here Chief, I’m just fucking around while I see if anyone wants a copy. Just trying to be fun but Christ my humour is weird,hey? Of course it is I designed it to be. Like I said, all is well here. I have to order a bunch of tapes early next year for other legit projects (settle),seriously though, and will add 15 yellow cassettes,cases and j covers for an all out BOOTLEG!!!!! But I would like to inform Ms Carlos of my intentions out of courtesy,not that she could really give a fuck, I would imagine.

Not for profit as that would be straight rudeness just cost covering only.
By Phatso
All tapes will be professionally duplicated cassettes and printed j covers.
All release details and news will be provided via mailing list and won't be posted on this site.
To sign up just send this line " Please sign me up for Phatso Tapes emails." To: phatsotapes@outlook.com.
By ScoJo
Phatso wrote:All tapes will be professionally duplicated cassettes and printed j covers.
All release details and news will be provided via mailing list and won't be posted on this site.
To sign up just send this line " Please sign me up for Phatso Tapes emails." To: phatsotapes@outlook.com.
This sounds ace, look forward to seeing how they come out. Years ago I used to make similarly limited sets of CD 'handmades', though they were mostly unreleased scores (sourced directly from films, in all formats!)
Though tapes sounds infinitely cooler.
By inksb
Alright so I've been mulling this over in my head for a bit and I kind of want to take a stab at it. I'm thinking of doing some of my own bootlegs for soundtracks I love from SNES & Genesis. I have three in particular that will be priority and if I like how they turn out I may do more. I have no intention of doing large runs and selling these to lots of people but since I'm making a few for myself and some friends I figured I would offer it up to folks on here too, cause I like you guys ;)

The titles I'm interested in making are TMNT IV Turtles in Time, Contra Hard Corps and Seiken Densetsu 3 (Secret of Mana 2). These will be home dubbed, I'm in the process of experimenting on the best way to do this, I can record directly from the sound file or use MP3's, I'll be making test copies in the next few weeks in my spare time to see what the sound quality is, if they sound like shit I'm going to scrap the whole project. There will be printed J-Cards, not sure on what thickness, these will be tested on various weights.

If you are interested in any, let me know so when I place my blank tape order I'll be able to get enough for everyone. The price will be only to cover the cost to make the tape and ship to you so these should be pretty reasonable. If any one is an artist and would like to contribute some art, let me know.
By maxlevel
Ordered hellraiser from transmission. Slightly related, Andrew Robinson appears throughout Deep Space Nine, which can be brilliant at times
By Phatso
inksb wrote:Alright so I've been mulling this over in my head for a bit and I kind of want to take a stab at it. I'm thinking of doing some of my own bootlegs for soundtracks I love from SNES & Genesis. I have three in particular that will be priority and if I like how they turn out I may do more. I have no intention of doing large runs and selling these to lots of people but since I'm making a few for myself and some friends I figured I would offer it up to folks on here too, cause I like you guys ;)

The titles I'm interested in making are TMNT IV Turtles in Time, Contra Hard Corps and Seiken Densetsu 3 (Secret of Mana 2). These will be home dubbed, I'm in the process of experimenting on the best way to do this, I can record directly from the sound file or use MP3's, I'll be making test copies in the next few weeks in my spare time to see what the sound quality is, if they sound like shit I'm going to scrap the whole project. There will be printed J-Cards, not sure on what thickness, these will be tested on various weights.

If you are interested in any, let me know so when I place my blank tape order I'll be able to get enough for everyone. The price will be only to cover the cost to make the tape and ship to you so these should be pretty reasonable. If any one is an artist and would like to contribute some art, let me know.
I'm into it.
By Phatso
ScoJo wrote:
Phatso wrote:All tapes will be professionally duplicated cassettes and printed j covers.
This sounds ace, look forward to seeing how they come out. Years ago I used to make similarly limited sets of CD 'handmades', though they were mostly unreleased scores (sourced directly from films, in all formats!)
Though tapes sounds infinitely cooler.
Ripping the score from the film poses a decent challenge.
By BurningTapes
PIECES Horror anthology Vol1-3 out this Friday 12th.

Vol 1 - Repeated Viewing & BurningTapes
Vol 2 - Espectrostatic & All of Them Witches
Vol 3 - Deadly Avenger & Graham Reznick

3 split EPs. 20 mins of horror inspired music by each of the 6 artists.

Artwork by Luke Insect

Burningwitchesrecords.com
Attachments
D7285CA5-D09E-4111-8ADB-809F9A97AC70.jpeg
D7285CA5-D09E-4111-8ADB-809F9A97AC70.jpeg (931.29 KiB) Viewed 6769 times
By inksb
That's pretty cool @Max, I recently was gifted this for the holiday. I'm not familiar with the different versions of Halloween out there but this has some of the dialog on it.

Here's my homemade version of Contra Hard Corps. I was going to do a reversible J-Card with European PROBOTECTOR artwork because I find it insanely absurd. Not sure if I want to spend the time designing it and printing it though. I love this soundtrack and really hope Mondo presses it to vinyl since they've already done Contra 1 & 3. It's so chaotic and intense.