General tape / cassette talk here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Mateo Sanboval
lazyben wrote:Mr phatso, whoever you may be, if you’re wondering where your last post in this thread disappeared to this is not the forum for proferring whatever legally dubious shenanigans you may be up to. Please bear this in mind next time you consider posting here.
By Phatso
lazyben wrote:Mr phatso, whoever you may be, if you’re wondering where your last post in this thread disappeared to this is not the forum for proferring whatever legally dubious shenanigans you may be up to. Please bear this in mind next time you consider posting here.

No trouble At all. I will and do consider the sensitive nature of my performances and the consequences.
By Phatso
Mateo Sanboval wrote:
This is my new anthem. I’m not at all joking.
By reddye6
There is also one copy left of the new Pentagram Home Video "Lost on the Seven Hills" cassette: HERE.
By Mateo Sanboval
This isn't for me but I will third that Christian is an awesome fellow who is deeply passionate about the things we all love. If you're remotely interested in this sort of sound, don't hesitate.
By Steve Powder

Just to put one of my favorite ambient records of 2018. This is really gorgeous exotic vaporwave sound by Khotin. Kinda "out there" experimental stuff. Only on tape though, might interest you. Maybe I should get a cheap deck.
By Mateo Sanboval
Steve Powder wrote:

Just to put one of my favorite ambient records of 2018. This is really gorgeous exotic vaporwave sound by Khotin. Kinda "out there" experimental stuff. Only on tape though, might interest you. Maybe I should get a cheap deck.
Steve, I like this a lot. Looks like the tape is sold out unfortunately. I have Khotin's Hello World tape that 1080p put out in 2014 and it's an excellent album. I believe that one got a vinyl release as well.
By Mateo Sanboval
Steve Powder wrote:I think I saw some relatively cheap ones on Discogs. Heres to GOD hoping this comes on vinyl!
His other two full lengths have. I'd wager this one will as well.
By reddye6
OGRE and Dallas Campbell's follow-up to "All Hallows'" is available for pre-order HERE. There is a single-cassette version and a three-cassette version.
By Mateo Sanboval
Inks, thank you for the heads up on Seven Sisters! I really enjoyed this release and I've been waiting for a tape since day one. Not sure how I missed this. Campbell's Chihuahuan is one of my favorite tapes period.
By inksb
I wanted to post this here as I saw Phantom Vs Fire post this on his twitter.

That sucks. I grabbed his digital collection even though I already own half of it. I'm not sure if he sees any money directly from the WLDLFE tape or not but I grabbed that today as well.

Also just released Yung Bae - Bae 2 for those that like Future Funk.

https://mypetflamingo.bandcamp.com/album/bae-2

$20 is a bit steep for a cassette so I'll be passing on this one. I really like his Japanese Disco Edit release and Bae is pretty good too. I know mini-discs are a thing in the vaporwave and future funk genre's but man does it crack me up when I see one for sale.
By Mateo Sanboval
Jimmy_Mike wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:34 pm Arcadia Campus - Guided Interactive Simulation - https://fantasy-deluxe.bandcamp.com/alb ... rtual-tour

Excellent vaporwave tape. Not new, but new pressing available. I think @mateo put me on to this.
Yeah, baby. That album is very sexy.
By Chuggers
2.jpg
2.jpg (178.1 KiB) Viewed 6120 times
https://boomkat.com/products/to-qatsi-and-die-in-la

"Cult synthesist Novo Line re-imagines Philip Glass, Wang Chung and Jan Hammer’s ‘80s soundtrack work in a surreal, killer re-working of the musical atmosphere to the classic Qatsi trilogy and William Friedkin’s noir cop flick, ‘To Live and Die In LA’, made on era-specific Atari and Yamaha synths..."