How do you store your tapes?

I leave them here and there...

In my car:

Stashed away:

Next to the tape deck:

In full view on decorative shelves:

In a dedicated Spun Out Of Control storage element:
By Mateo Sanboval
I need a storage solution badly. Half of mine are piled up next to my decks and the other half in a box. I wanted to find an old library card catalog, but nothing has turned up locally. Maybe I'll go the spice rack route.
By Spun out of control
^^ Very pleased to see a dedicated Spun Out Of Control storage space @Bez - not even I have one of those! :)

Envious.

I have a couple of cardboard boxes and a random assortment of tapes from others snaking their way around my Technics deck at the moment.

Yes, I need to get it sorted. Something to add to the list for 2018!
By Mateo Sanboval
Glad I'm not the only one storing tapes in a box.
By maxlevel
@deaf ta! The inlay tray I thought was a bit flimsy at first, but it’s fine. £8... trouble is there’s nobody making these really. The plastic carry cases are really nasty although most people cover them in stickers anyway
By monsterworship
I actually was just looking for something the other day, everything vintage seems crazy priced. I have always had these nice nylon carrying cases that have hard plastic molded inserts to hold around 40-50 cassettes and i have a double that holds the same on the underneath, i was looking for another one of those. All of those have been filed since the 90s tho. The CD boxes from bags unlimited would probably work too, hoping to find some stuff at the flea market this spring, my tv console is filled with overflowing tape stacks from finds over the last few years.
By inksb
maxlevel wrote:I done a grown up thing and bought a Decca tape box

I have an old tape briefcase similar to this in storage. I keep thinking about how I should go find it. My tape collection is getting a little out of control lately and would like store it a little better. Also might find the missing box of tapes that were packed away 10 years ago that has a bunch of great stuff from the 80's & 90's in there.
By Bub
I've had luck scoring something similar to this at thrift stores so I would recommend checking there. I've also grabbed the VHS ones.
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg (224.76 KiB) Viewed 5573 times
s-l1600 (1).jpg
s-l1600 (1).jpg (274.14 KiB) Viewed 5573 times
By Bezulsqy
Last week I found something similar to what @Bub posted above. Also in a thrift store. 6 euro for the two.

By Mateo Sanboval
That's what I use, Bez.
By Bezulsqy
maxlevel wrote:New box required, I’ve run out of room!

Nice one @Max!
I do see a little bit of room in that box...
By Jimmy_Mike
Bezulsqy wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:45 pm
maxlevel wrote:New box required, I’ve run out of room!

Nice one @Max!
I do see a little bit of room in that box...
@max - I believe you’ve “spun out” of room 😉