General tape / cassette talk here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By inksb
Bezulsqy wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:41 am this is very beautiful
Mine should be arriving any day now, I can't wait to hear it. I sampled the first song and it sounded wonderful.

This arrived Saturday. I love this album and happy to finally have the cassette, although a few weeks after I ordered it a label picked them up for a vinyl release so I had to order that too lol. It's old and dusty sounding hip hop. I haven't heard much like it and it took me by surprise. Love the artwork on this .

By static14
Video Violence

This is so much better than it has any right to be. TV never disappoints. At least he doesn’t disappoint me. :)
Attachments
B002E6C0-FA85-4732-A4CA-1F3C84A51200.jpeg
B002E6C0-FA85-4732-A4CA-1F3C84A51200.jpeg (704.84 KiB) Viewed 3206 times
By inksb
Look at that Spun run! Nice work @bez

This just arrived a few days ago, it may be my favorite Spun release since Hattie's The Sleepers.

By inksb
My recent Terror Vision order arrived on Saturday. 555 is pretty good, in the same vein as Video Violence but not quite as good imo. Question for @bez and @ static, do your copies of 555 have a low hiss or "static" through out the tape? I'm curious if it's from the source or maybe I got a bad tape.

By bpwlogan
inksb wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:36 am My recent Terror Vision order arrived on Saturday. 555 is pretty good, in the same vein as Video Violence but not quite as good imo. Question for @bez and @ static, do your copies of 555 have a low hiss or "static" through out the tape? I'm curious if it's from the source or maybe I got a bad tape.

I made an order with TV the other day and it looks like 555 on cassette is sold out at this point. To be honest with you the last two vinyl records I ordered from them were just fair at best. C.H.U.D. II had a lot of surface noise and I had to get a replacement copy of vinyl 1 for The Brain because it had pieces of paper pressed into it. I did order Video Violence on cassette and Children Shouldn't Play With Deadly Things a day or so ago so hope everything turns out ok with them.

Had to take a chance on CSPWDT. I remember watching that film way back when on Saturday afternoon with showings on regular television of all places. And Bob Clark rules.
By inksb
I haven't watched it yet but last year Cory shared his video of Alien with that score in place. One of these days I'll watch it.
By ScoJo
Mateo Sanboval wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:30 pm
Jimmy_Mike wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:30 pm Nothing to see here, just alternate Alien score.

For serial, what’s the deal here?
https://vimeo.com/165301172

It's pretty cool stuff.
Was a full movie link ever posted for this? Must admit, not a movie I ever had a burning desire to experience with different music, but I'd be curious enough to give it a whirl

By inksb
ScoJo wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:01 pm
Mateo Sanboval wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:30 pm
Jimmy_Mike wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:30 pm Nothing to see here, just alternate Alien score.

For serial, what’s the deal here?
https://vimeo.com/165301172

It's pretty cool stuff.
Was a full movie link ever posted for this? Must admit, not a movie I ever had a burning desire to experience with different music, but I'd be curious enough to give it a whirl

Yeah, he posted it last year for a week and took it down shortly after. I assume as to not get hit with any fines. If you dig the music and want to watch it let me know and I can upload it.