General tape / cassette talk here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Hatter313
deafmetal wrote:Image

Scored some free time on Saturday afternoon.
Have the wax of this, great stuff. Never got around to seeing the movie but I trusted Chad’s taste when he released it and it was a good call that I did.
By Mateo Sanboval
Hatter313 wrote:I trusted Chad’s taste and it was a good call that I did.
Hear hear.
By inksb
I still haven't picked up The Barn cassette but the OST interests me way more than the film. At some point I'll check out the film, maybe when my 'to watch' stack actually gets smaller than 10 blurays.

I forgot to snap a pic of the tape but I was listening to Expo 70 - Virtually From Unknown yesterday. Expo 70 is one of those guys that I listen to every few months and discover he's released two or three more albums. Dudes a beast. If you're into droney psychadelic and sometimes minimalist ambiet check him out

https://expo70.bandcamp.com/album/virtu ... he-unknown

I'm a big fan of America Here and Now Sessions, Solar Drifing, Cleverly Mystique and Kinetic Tones.
By inksb
Suoni Della Paura IV pt 1 from the fine folks over at Rendevous LA. Any one else pick this up? I got through side A last night, really enjoyed it. It definitely fucked with me though. What ever they sourced some of the first few tracks from has some issues. My left channel was distorted, barely any highs or mids, I thought I had bad connection and unhooked the speaker from the amp and rechecked all my connections until realizing I needed to test something else. Low and behold it was fine. Made me laugh.
By inksb
Yeah, originally it was supposed to come out in Oct/Nov of last year, Ethan said they had some issues, didn't go into detail and said it was delayed into 2019. Then all of sudden they had to split it up. I finished up the tape last night. The whole thing sounds really bad, it made my speakers sound blown. I'm not sure what's going on with it, the music is great but the sound quality is less than stellar. I'm curious why it sounds the way it does. Especially since it their last few sounded great for the most part.
By deafmetal
inksb wrote:Yeah, originally it was supposed to come out in Oct/Nov of last year, Ethan said they had some issues, didn't go into detail and said it was delayed into 2019. Then all of sudden they had to split it up. I finished up the tape last night. The whole thing sounds really bad, it made my speakers sound blown. I'm not sure what's going on with it, the music is great but the sound quality is less than stellar. I'm curious why it sounds the way it does. Especially since it their last few sounded great for the most part.
@inks - it is possible you received a poor dub? I don't have one to compare, but I'm curious.
By inksb
I shot Rendezvous a message to see if I got a bad tape or if it's just source material. I'll let you know what they say.
By inksb
I dont' quite know whats going on there @max but I see Tangerine Dream and I'm in.

I spoke with Alfonso from Rendezvous last night, he says it sounds like I got a bad dub. His copy of the tape doesn't have the issues I'm experiencing. He's going to take care of it for me and get another copy sent out.
By Mateo Sanboval
I love those Sound of Fear tapes, Max. I think Deaf has a set as well.
By maxlevel
@mateo unfortunately I recently discovered vol.2 is really badly duplicated. Unlistenable, but hopefully just my copy. Vol.4 is excellent...

This mornings tape arrived

By Bezulsqy
maxlevel wrote:@mateo unfortunately I recently discovered vol.2 is really badly duplicated. Unlistenable, but hopefully just my copy. Vol.4 is excellent...
I have Vol 1 and 2. Every copy of 2 is a bit distorted. For me not unlistenable though.
By Mateo Sanboval
I have all four as well and two is the shoddiest by a stretch. I can still crush it though. These rarely get listened to through my snotty shit headphones.
By maxlevel
@inksb lovely stuff. Everything’s gone downhill since Bowie died. Trivia wise, I know exactly where that doorway is, on Heddon Street in central London. It’s all pedestrianised now, behind regent street and at the back of that picture is a bar called Ice Bar which is literally a freezer which serves cocktails. They give you a massive jacket and gloves. Novelty stuff, for the rich tourists!

This morning All Hallows 2 arrived

By Mateo Sanboval
deafmetal wrote:^Looking forward to receiving All Hallows II.

Deaf, I really enjoy this tape. Since I passed on the LP in favor of the cassette initially, I bought the Transmission exclusive they released in December. I just needed to hear it on wax.