General tape / cassette talk here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By NMA
Spun out of control wrote:Cool @NMA - never even knew there was a Drive cassette!! That's very fitting ;)
Me, too :) Now I need to find a car with a cassette player to get in the mood ;)
By NMA
Spun out of control wrote:Can I ask where you got it from/ordered it...? :)

Thanks!
Sure. Both were Urban Outfitters US exclusive and I used their website ;)
By NMA
Spun out of control wrote:Hmm.. $30 to ship one cassette to the UK ?? (falls off chair)
I was shocked at first, too. But no matter how many items you add to the crate, the shipping cost stays at 30 USD. So, if you are planning to buy a few things it might be a good option. They have a "recent" collection of vinyl as well.
By bpwlogan
Great release, kind of reminds me of something Eno or Fripp would put out. Best of luck to @Spun on this new endeavor.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (963.4 KiB) Viewed 13485 times
By Mateo Sanboval
Picked this up at a nearby record shop on Sunday for $2 and it's another tape I've never seen the like of before. It's a Blue Note 1976 cassette of Donald Byrd's Caricatures, an album that finds Byrd firmly in funk mode. I had no idea Blue Note was producing tapes in the late seventies. The case is a five sided hard plastic shell, at least twice as thick as a typical case, with stickers serving as labels and album art on all five sides. Also, have a look at the tape itself. It is unique in its own right and reminds me a bit of another tape I've seen recently...
(all photos are clickable)
By bpwlogan
@Mateo-That's pretty cool and rare. I've only run across a few of those of hard shell cases in the past. I've never seen a Blue Note one. I did run across a Warner Bros one years ago of Jerry Garcia's album Garcia. I'm sure the tape itself is pretty fragile. Nice pickup!
By bpwlogan
Out of town all last week on vacation visiting family and found this in the mall with a bunch of other sealed cassette. Never thought I would see the day that new cassettes were being sold at the mall again.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (949.41 KiB) Viewed 13222 times
By bpwlogan
A great mix of synth with some cool guitar licks. Another great release from Lunaris.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (958.01 KiB) Viewed 13166 times
By bpwlogan
Another radio reedit from the once lawsuit waiting to happen Negativland. An acquired taste for sure!

1988 SST Records.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (1016.89 KiB) Viewed 13161 times
By bpwlogan
I'm in for sure when the DW edition of this is released. I've been pretty good this year with trying to be conservative on what I purchase. I'm already planning on this one though.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (984.84 KiB) Viewed 13133 times