General tape / cassette talk here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By bpwlogan
I've been playing this one a lot this summer. I have to say my favorite so far from this label.

Thank you Lunaris Records!
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (958.43 KiB) Viewed 12595 times
By Mateo Sanboval
Hyper Light Drifter by Disasterpeace has just arrived and it is sounding fantastic.

PS - My photography skills are tepid at best, but these are particularly poor. The first one is giving me motion sickness for Chrissakes. My apologies to all of your eyes.
Last edited by Mateo Sanboval on Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By deafmetal
The first score still feels like the sister album to Cannibal Holocaust. Gorgeous.

Mark of the Devil II reminds me a bit of Leonard Rosenman's Lord of the Rings in parts, which it preceded by five years.
By deafmetal
Packing up a box of these for the UK/Europe folks right now.
Could only go one tape without putting it on. Stoked for Aliens in a few hours.
By ScoJo
Have fun @deaf!

I saw it on release, and distinctly remember sitting really close to the screen, and almost having whiplash by the end of the movie! (It was like being at a tennis match, haha!)

Such an ntense cinema experience (understatement) and unlike anything we'd seen on the big screen back in the day.
By deafmetal
Thanks, @ScoJo!

It was indeed whiplash-inducing on that giant screen! The combination of Cameron's action-cam and Horner's thundering score were nearly overwhelming. I have been watching the extended on dvd/blu for so many years now, that I had forgotten how tight the pacing is on the original theatrical cut. It felt like they were dropping down to LV-426 before you could catch your breath!

Btw, I snuck an extra tape into @Spun's package for you chaps at the DFC to check out. ;)
By ScoJo
@deaf

"Btw, I snuck an extra tape into @Spun's package for you chaps at the DFC to check out. ;)"

Awww......... you're the man! Thanks blood.
By maxlevel
deafmetal wrote:Packing up a box of these for the UK/Europe folks right now.
Could only go one tape without putting it on. Stoked for Aliens in a few hours.
Where can I get this in the UK? Or am I just being mental and it's sold out ages ago
By deafmetal
maxlevel wrote:Where can I get this in the UK? Or am I just being mental and it's sold out ages ago
It's a promotional tape that was not officially distributed, but you could try sending a pm to @Spun out of control to see if any copies are still available from his supply.