General tape / cassette talk here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By maxlevel
Hmm, it’s a sub pop 2019 but i think there was a release last year. I seem to remember it happening, perhaps was a rip from a dvd of their tour
By inksb
Just received the new Steve Greene and Rendezvous Suoni della paura IV part 2

At least my Rendezvous tape sounds good this time, although it's fairly quiet tape compared to most tapes I have.
By Bub
inksb wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:37 pm Just received the new Steve Greene and Rendezvous Suoni della paura IV part 2

At least my Rendezvous tape sounds good this time, although it's fairly quiet tape compared to most tapes I have.
Ooh I need to give that Steve Greene a listen. Did you order the new Voyag3r album? I haven't jumped on it yet myself but do plan to.
By inksb
I have not ordered Voyag3r yet, I'm waiting til it's released to sample it fully. Weirdly enough none of Voyag3r's albums have really clicked with me. They are good but I don't find myself wanting to return to them often. I did enjoy the sample song they put up though.
By static14
Dreamflight - Herb Ernst

This is one I’ve had for many years and I’ve never seen anyone else post. I think many here would dig it.

By inksb
Did you get the LP too or just the cassette of the new PHV? I skipped the cassette myself because I already had bought the LP. It's a fantastic album though.
By Phatso
maxlevel wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:42 pm @scojo I was sold at Hawaii. Love to go there one day

Whatever happened to Vi-Res? He used to post here.

Thanks for your interest @maxlevel

I released a few cassettes after Sunstar: Static Interference, Vi Res and Cold Century.
I would post a pic if I knew how how to.
Also, I’m not sure why some here have made unfriendly comments but I don’t take it personally.
Peace out.
By Phatso
reddye6 wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:11 pm
ScoJo wrote:Well... I think it was around the time he got called out for offering a bootleg cassette operation through the forum (under his nom-de-plume @phatso, if you hadn't figured it out). Not sure he had actually crossed swords with anyone specifically before that.

I do wish him good health, wherever he roams- a complicated (and quite exhausting) fellow.
There was also a time when we laid into Burning Witches for not including his music on a compilation.
This is a lie.
I don’t care personally but you are being lied to.
By Phatso
reddye6 wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:38 pm
maxlevel wrote:@scojo I was sold at Hawaii. Love to go there one day

Whatever happened to Vi-Res? He used to post here.

Ahh, that could be a story worthy of its own soundtrack. Flames, tension, anger, name-calling — as epic as any war taking place among the stars.

Others can fill in the details, but he lashed out at a few members. I don’t remember if he got booted or left on his own. Good times.
More lies. @reddye6 is this why you pay money to access the internet, to shit post about other people? People that you don’t know. Does it feel good? Can’t you find something else to do on the internet?
Last edited by Phatso on Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Phatso
Bezulsqy wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:20 pm
maxlevel wrote:I didn’t realise phatso was vi res. He was offering the Shining on tape as I recall... that was only last year though. Not seen vi res post for a good few years. It’s a shame, that Sunstar tape is great
Is he really? That does explain a lot. One very unstable individual.
Yeah, one very very unstable individual, you psychologist you...
Get a brain!
By Phatso
No wonder this forum is reduced to 10 or so active members. Everyone else left this bullshit in the dust.
Do something useful.
By ScoJo
Yep. Glad to see he's 'not taking it personally.'

Now that you've set the record straight/cleared your falsely disparaged name, how about shuffling off and
letting others enjoy this friendly place (where I genuinely can't recall anyone else ever having a cross word?
Weird, that.)
By static14
sent Chad a message about this. @Phatso / ViRes this is a pretty damn laid back place, generally populated with folks who enjoy sharing music, conversation, opinions, etc.

Getting nasty with other members here is frowned upon. Please refrain from doing so again. Consider this an official warning.