General tape / cassette talk here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Spun out of control
Recent tapes I've been spinning over the past month or so... re-presses by Ogre, snagged the 2nd to last physical copy of Black Channels, Popular Mechanics courtesy of Doug Shipton on Twitter and Alien Terrors on another online tip-off...
Attachments
Cassette tapes Black Channels Ogre.jpg
Cassette tapes Black Channels Ogre.jpg (567.41 KiB) Viewed 18918 times
By Spun out of control
Had been after Polivoks Orthodox for a while, having missed the original run - pleased to finally snag one at cost!

Sublime Russian synth weirdness curated by the Finders Keepers crew.

If anyone knows where to source these plastic VHS-like cases that hold just a single tape, do let me know...
Attachments
Polivoks Orthodox Finders Keepers.jpg
Polivoks Orthodox Finders Keepers.jpg (893.95 KiB) Viewed 18917 times
By Spun out of control
Nice one @deaf... picked up that collection of all the Nightmare... scores on CD with the wraparound Freddy jumper but haven't broken the seal on it yet.

Meanwhile have a fistful of scores on tape that arrived along with my Dune LP from OWS this week to work through. I love that we have the tape option if unsure about shelling out the full price for the LP (one vinyl LP = 2 or 3 tapes, roughly)
Attachments
Soundtracks on cassette.jpg
Soundtracks on cassette.jpg (850.27 KiB) Viewed 18866 times
By bpwlogan
I kind of wish everyone was dropping cassettes for their new releases.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (1.04 MiB) Viewed 18784 times
By bpwlogan
Probably the only affordable copy I'll find for this score. I would run across these on vinyl fifteen years ago or so when I was living in Atlanta in used record stores for $10-$20 a piece. I still kick myself for never picking one up.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (1.08 MiB) Viewed 18782 times
By bpwlogan
A remix of the Over The Edge radio show that would air on KPFA in Berkeley, CA. There's plenty of 1970's nostalgia, and it's only something Negativland could come up with.

1990 SST Records.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (1.05 MiB) Viewed 18781 times
By bpwlogan
The original band on one of their last releases together. I always considered this one of the best live metal ablums of all time!
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (1.46 MiB) Viewed 18749 times
By Mateo Sanboval
bpwlogan wrote:Probably the only affordable copy I'll find for this score. I would run across these on vinyl fifteen years ago or so when I was living in Atlanta in used record stores for $10-$20 a piece. I still kick myself for never picking one up.
I saw a sealed copy with a hole punch for less than $10 circa 2003 or thereabouts. I can't even remember why I passed on it now. I'm probably suppressing it.
By bpwlogan
@Mateo- I hear you on that one. When I was living in Atlanta in the early 2000's I thought paying $20 for a used record was crazy. I passed up a few things that I blocked out of my memory at this point. Can you believe the prices people are asking on the used market now for rare soundtracks and out of print alternative rock records? Just mad!
Last edited by bpwlogan on Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Mateo Sanboval
NMA wrote:Twin Peaks
Nice one, NMA! Yu didn't happen to get that from Discogs about a week or so ago, did you?
By NMA
Mateo Sanboval wrote:
NMA wrote:Twin Peaks
Nice one, NMA! Yu didn't happen to get that from Discogs about a week or so ago, did you?
I got that from eBay ;)