General tape / cassette talk here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Dollarhyde
@inksb

Yes, A very treasured LP in my collection. A beautiful score to a masterpiece of animation.

I know of ikaruga but never played it, nearly got it for, the GameCube? Way back when. Love those printed shells!
By deafmetal
@inks - Lovely pile of tapes. I never had a Genesis, so I missed the Castlevania game back in the day. Also, no idea how I kept evading Ikaruga, as I loved all things Gradius. At least I am familiar with Angel's Egg, primarily thanks to @Dollarhyde.
By Dollarhyde
Speaking of Angel's Egg has anyone seen this madness.
https://youtu.be/KdoaRIfG-9w

Some budget angels egg live action sequel/ripoff that actually uses a lot of footage from the animation. It may actually be good, not seen it myself yet.

The whole thing is on YouTube and as you can see arrow recently released it on physical.
By inksb
That's actually how I first discovered Angel's Egg. I haven't watched In the Aftermath as I've heard it's mediocre at best and you are better off tracking down the original anime. But I do have a digital copy of Code Red's bluray they released a few years ago. I'll get to it eventually.
By inksb
Another week full of tape deliveries. I am swimming in tapes at the moment.

Simon James - Space/No Space - this is quite fantastic if you like spacey, swirling, hypnotic synth work from a Buchala 200e

The Relations - Nights Prelude - love this, a little different than your average Spun Out tape and I appreciate the deviation. I'll take more of this stuff any time they want to offer it.

Terror Vision goodies!
By Bezulsqy
ScoJo wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:27 pm
Bezulsqy wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:58 pm In anticipation of Blow Out Records second release I'll play this

How do you find it as a listen B?
Forgot to reply.

I love it. Played the CD in my car on repeat for a while.
By Bezulsqy
It has arrived!

However it does not sound really good...
First 6-7 minutes it sounds muffled and only the right track seems to play (looking at my equalizer). From the 6 to 7 minute mark you hear the sound picking up. But it comes and goes.
I was thinking it might be my machine. But another tape plays fine.

I rewinded the tape just now and it sounds better, but still a difference between left and right. I am confused.

Does anyone else have problems with this specific tape? I need to hook up another tape deck to check.

Packaging is great though!

edit - finished the tape and now starting again on side A.
Side B is fine and loud (equalizer in the red)
First half of side A is not so fine. Quieter and uneven. But Blow Out Records: thank you for releasing this. I know how much effort went into this. (is the blow out records discogs listing gone btw?)
By ScoJo
Bezulsqy wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:46 am It has arrived!

However it does not sound really good...
First 6-7 minutes it sounds muffled and only the right track seems to play (looking at my equalizer). From the 6 to 7 minute mark you hear the sound picking up. But it comes and goes.
I was thinking it might be my machine. But another tape plays fine.

I rewinded the tape just now and it sounds better, but still a difference between left and right. I am confused.

Does anyone else have problems with this specific tape? I need to hook up another tape deck to check.

Packaging is great though!

edit - finished the tape and now starting again on side A.
Side B is fine and loud (equalizer in the red)
First half of side A is not so fine. Quieter and uneven. But Blow Out Records: thank you for releasing this. I know how much effort went into this. (is the blow out records discogs listing gone btw?)
Hey B, I've just mailed you about this. Very sorry to hear about the prob :(

https://www.discogs.com/The-Coupe-De-Vi ... e/13994382