General tape / cassette talk here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By inksb
I received my copy over the weekend. It's fantastic. @deaf I assume you bought the triple cassette as you have a different cover than me. How are the other two tapes?
By deafmetal
@inks - Just starting up the coda now:

Edit: felt like a mini album or appendix with a nice variety of tracks — recommended. The Psionic Realignment is an ambient trip with spoken word intros. The last tape does not have a very long runtime.
By reddye6
Got it fresh today
Attachments
09010A28-03B1-4FDE-9A4A-993061EF4A45.jpeg
09010A28-03B1-4FDE-9A4A-993061EF4A45.jpeg (630.85 KiB) Viewed 4533 times
By Bezulsqy
maxlevel wrote:Did you go for the new battle chamber tape? Distant Transmissions
I did not. I decided to stop buying tapes. Except for the ones Spun, Ondes Positives, Terror Vision and maybe Ogre release.
By reddye6
maxlevel wrote:@scojo I was sold at Hawaii. Love to go there one day

Whatever happened to Vi-Res? He used to post here.

Ahh, that could be a story worthy of its own soundtrack. Flames, tension, anger, name-calling — as epic as any war taking place among the stars.

Others can fill in the details, but he lashed out at a few members. I don’t remember if he got booted or left on his own. Good times.
By ScoJo
Well... I think it was around the time he got called out for offering, jokingly or otherwise, a bootleg cassette operation through the forum (under his nom-de-plume @phatso). Not sure he had actually crossed swords with anyone specifically before that.

I do wish him good health, wherever he roams- a complicated (and quite exhausting) fellow.
By reddye6
ScoJo wrote:Well... I think it was around the time he got called out for offering a bootleg cassette operation through the forum (under his nom-de-plume @phatso, if you hadn't figured it out). Not sure he had actually crossed swords with anyone specifically before that.

I do wish him good health, wherever he roams- a complicated (and quite exhausting) fellow.
There was also a time when we laid into Burning Witches for not including his music on a compilation.
By maxlevel
I didn’t realise phatso was vi res. He was offering the Shining on tape as I recall... that was only last year though. Not seen vi res post for a good few years. It’s a shame, that Sunstar tape is great
By skeletonbutt
reddye6 wrote:
ScoJo wrote:Well... I think it was around the time he got called out for offering a bootleg cassette operation through the forum (under his nom-de-plume @phatso, if you hadn't figured it out). Not sure he had actually crossed swords with anyone specifically before that.

There was also a time when we laid into Burning Witches for not including his music on a compilation.
And announced an album to be released on Mondo/Death Waltz Originals with cover art...but it wasn't true
By inksb
This found it's way into the deck this morning.

Notorious THUGS is one of my favorite hip hop tracks ever. Flatbush Zombies did a cool tribute to it last year or the year before.
By Bezulsqy
maxlevel wrote:I didn’t realise phatso was vi res. He was offering the Shining on tape as I recall... that was only last year though. Not seen vi res post for a good few years. It’s a shame, that Sunstar tape is great
Is he really? That does explain a lot. One very unstable individual.
By maxlevel
Made this today, this Basf was at my dads house and had me and my mates screaming on it from 1990. So quite rightly went over it

*its waxworks NOTLD from last year and B side is also WW Day of the Dead

By deafmetal
@max - ^great use of that BASF tape, looks great.

Reissue of Evoken’s demo tape. Top-shelf atmospheric funeral doom/death metal. Looking forward to seeing this band perform again in the near future here in Portland.