General tape / cassette talk here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Mateo Sanboval
Dollarhyde wrote: Really hoping for some more output on the vco label.
I couldn't agree more. I've enjoyed nearly every release on VCO. Understanable that they've petered out a bit of late as those fellows have been quite busy making music themselves.

@bpwlogan - Mad props as the kids like to say for the MOTU and Runaway tapes. Particularly pumped to see the Runaway. One of my very favorite Goldsmith scores and I never knew it was released on cassette.
Last edited by Mateo Sanboval on Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By bpwlogan
@Mateo-gotta agree with you on Runaway. I don't think I've listened to anything like that from Goldsmith before. It's really a special piece of work.

69/69-nice! I'm still waiting for my cassette to mailed. I ordered from 2HD, and added a couple of other items that are on back order. Hopefully this won't be one of those long snail mail orders from 2HD. I've been looking forward to that Larva release for some time now.

Welcome back!
By deafmetal
@bpwlogan - Ben from 2HD is pretty good about shipping something out early if you really want it right away. Just drop him an email. I hope to crack the seal on my Larva tapes this weekend and release the auditory hallucinogens contained inside.
By bpwlogan
Thanks deaf. I might do that next week. I picked up the Sarabande repress of The Fly, and that reissue might take a while. Once they get everything together 2HD has been pretty good to me. It's nice to have them so we can save on shipping costs for imports.
By Bezulsqy
Yesterday this lot come in.
Because I didn't want to open my sealed copy of Metti, Une Sera A Cena I bought two more.
However, after playing them today the reason tapes are maybe not the best format for archiving music become clear :-)
The first tape sounded good, but my tape deck stopped playing the tape after a couple of minutes. Apparently the tape causes to much friction to keep it spinning. The second copy played for a longer time but didn't sound that great.
Giu, La Testa appears to fare better, but haven't played it from beginning to end yet. Mondo Cane N. 2 was ok as well. The others remain to be seen and listened to.

By Mateo Sanboval
Those are dead lovely, Bez. Shame they have depreciated so much, but what a haul!
By NMA
Well look look what arrived today! I am quite in love with the presentation of this edition of "Blood Runs Dry" by "BurningTapes". The effort spent and quality is beyond my expectations :o

The music is brilliant as well, so highly recommended to all synth-lovers out there.

Bandcamp link: https://burningallwitches.bandcamp.com/releases
0885DBB6-711A-4A4C-B5B0-25889130CF6B.JPG
0885DBB6-711A-4A4C-B5B0-25889130CF6B.JPG (299.62 KiB) Viewed 5797 times
By Mateo Sanboval
Just some recent cassette acquisitions that have trickled in the past few months.

A nice version of Xiu Xiu Plays the Music of twin Peaks that I haven't seen before.

And if you don't know what this one is, then I hate to break it to you, but you're probably a mouth-breather.
By deafmetal
@Mateo - excellent tape pile. I somehow missed the Frozen Existence cassette, which I immediately rectified. However, I just dug a bit deeper and found this limited version as well:

Did anybody score one of these?
By Mateo Sanboval
I saw a few of these photos making the rounds on Twitter. Pretty sure a couple of STBCers have 'em.
By Bezulsqy
@ Mateo: Excellent tape selection.
I was thinking of getting that Xiu Xiu release. There was also an extra special version of that one.

@ Deaf: that Frozen Existence special edition looks incredible. Really cool to see how much sweat and blood some people put into their releases. Sucks that it is sometimes so hard to get a hold of them because of the extremely limited nature.
By Mateo Sanboval
Thanks, Bez! What'd I do wrong? I thought I had the STBC system licked. Perhaps I'm a bit rustler than I anticipated...
By Mateo Sanboval
Joel Grind's Equinox (released on DWO a few weeks back) has just been issued on tape. You've a choice of black or orange shell. 100 total units. I picked one up just now. I like the album quite a bit, but was holding out hope for a tape release.

https://joelgrind.bandcamp.com/album/equinox