General tape / cassette talk here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Mateo Sanboval
They are part of the Modern New Age series on Matthew David's Leaving Records. There have been four so far, but I've only the three. New Age isn't everyone's bag, but it's always been of interest to me.
By Spun out of control
My taste when it comes to hip hop is decidedly old skool (basically anyone on DefJam) - but digging these clever tape designs for releases by JonWayne
Attachments
cassette-3.jpg
cassette-3.jpg (78.5 KiB) Viewed 5967 times
cassette-2.jpg
cassette-2.jpg (40.46 KiB) Viewed 5967 times
cassette-1.jpg
cassette-1.jpg (36.78 KiB) Viewed 5967 times
Last edited by Spun out of control on Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Mateo Sanboval
Do you actually have those, Spun? They're quite rare. Particularly the first one which was pulled before it sold out and never reissued because Phillip Morris threatened to sue them into oblivion.
By Mateo Sanboval
That was exactly my thought. I believe it was Stone Throw's first ever cassette release and limited to 100 as well.
By Bezulsqy
m-bryce wrote:Arrived today!
Nice. Didn't realize there was a tape of this.

M-Bryce: are you Bryce Miller form the upcoming Spun out of Control tape?
By Spun out of control
Having picked up the vinyl re-issue of Odelay, couldn't resist this tape purchase for just £1. The same shop - which told me they had never stopped selling tapes - also had this classic from The The, who those of you perhaps less familiar with the man will recall from his score to Hyena, released last year by DeathWaltz.

Had the pleasure to go to a Q&A with The The's Matt Johnson at the London ICA last night and hand him one of our own Spun... tapes. What a polite and surprisingly chilled guy, despite the intense & rather serious music of his 80s/90s youth (which still holds up surprisingly well).
Attachments
Beck Odelay The The Mind Bomb cassettes copy.jpg
Beck Odelay The The Mind Bomb cassettes copy.jpg (789.96 KiB) Viewed 5758 times
By deafmetal
@Spun - Nicely done, and sounds like an interesting event with Matt Johnson. Also, it's great to see a shared appreciation for Beck across the world.

ImageVer Sacrum - Manifest Destiny

A definite recent favorite of mine, and hits all the right notes for me. It feels like listening to an ambient tribute to the The Boogeyman while in some kind of fog-shrouded ceremony for purposes yet unknown...
By Bezulsqy
In anticipation of the Bryce Miller tape I decided to play SOS002 to SOS005.
Very happy to have two editions of SOS002 because my tape deck has no auto reverse ;-)

By deafmetal
Bezulsqy wrote:In anticipation of the Bryce Miller tape I decided to play SOS002 to SOS005.
Very happy to have two editions of SOS002 because my tape deck has no auto reverse ;-)

Double-decker tape-wreckers!