Report any issues you are experiencing with the new STBC forum.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Mateo Sanboval
STBC was on the blink something fierce today. Thanks to MW and anyone else who helped sort it out. What happened and how much did we lose?
By monsterworship
To be honest I didn't do anything.

I noticed there was a sql connection error last night but I don't have access to the hosting account or db.

Hopefully they are backing this stuff up somewhere :)
By Mateo Sanboval
monsterworship wrote:To be honest I didn't do anything.

I noticed there was a sql connection error last night but I don't have access to the hosting account or db.

Hopefully they are backing this stuff up somewhere :)
So who fixes these things? Machine elves. It has to be.
By ScoJo
Hey @monster -

Just wondering, embedded YT vids have stopped loading in my browser, any ideas? Used to work fine but a few months ago they just stopped loading up (there's just a blank space...)

I'm using Chrome on an old iMac, for what it's worth - I suspect it has more to do with BB Code settings in my account? But I've looked and can't see any way to change options there.

No biggie, but if you have any wisdom that would be cool sensai!
By Bezulsqy
ScoJo wrote:Hey @monster -

Just wondering, embedded YT vids have stopped loading in my browser, any ideas? Used to work fine but a few months ago they just stopped loading up (there's just a blank space...)

I'm using Chrome on an old iMac, for what it's worth - I suspect it has more to do with BB Code settings in my account? But I've looked and can't see any way to change options there.

No biggie, but if you have any wisdom that would be cool sensai!
@Scojo, did you try to delete your cookies? I had a similar issue a while back and this sorted me out. See this link for more info: http://www.techfleece.com/2012/11/23/em ... to-fix-it/
By ScoJo
Done - sadly no joy :(

I'm pretty sure it's something to do with having BBCode enabled or something in my preferences, but can't find the way to change them...
By Bezulsqy
ScoJo wrote:Done - sadly no joy :(

I'm pretty sure it's something to do with having BBCode enabled or something in my preferences, but can't find the way to change them...
I am not sure if disabling BBCode is the answer. But if I am not mistaken you chance that here: User Control Panel - Board Preferences - Edit Posting defaults.
By ScoJo
Thanks Ben - I thought it might be an issue with my browser (Chrome) so deleted cookies to no effect (with only side result being that since I had wiped saved passwords I had to log in to Skype and it's now telling me can't use out of date version- so I'm now locked out and can't update to new version of Skype with my old OS, with no workaround, so now I don't have Skype on my desktop ggggrrrrr!) *relax*

Have tried using another browser (Safari) to see if it's any different - same blank spaces where embedded videos are. It's only on STBC that I'm seeing this, so have to assume it's something to do with my user settings.
By lazyben
Scott, can you see photos?

(I can finally get on to here from work again so watch my posting rate return to what it used to be).
By ScoJo
Hey @Lazyben

Good to hear you'll be frequenting more often - niiiice.

Yep, no problem with images, just those pesky YT embedded vids... oh and gifs don't show either (i think - need to double check!)

Tbh I've had so much BS tech nonsense this week, and it's been a fucking tough week anyway, that I am just throwing my hands up and saying 'who gives a fuck' now as a standard response to anything that happens. Not exactly working for me so far, but Ill keep y'all posted :D
By Bezulsqy
ScoJo wrote:Hey @Lazyben

Good to hear you'll be frequenting more often - niiiice.

Yep, no problem with images, just those pesky YT embedded vids... oh and gifs don't show either (i think - need to double check!)

Tbh I've had so much BS tech nonsense this week, and it's been a fucking tough week anyway, that I am just throwing my hands up and saying 'who gives a fuck' now as a standard response to anything that happens. Not exactly working for me so far, but Ill keep y'all posted :D
Really sucks to hear your tech issues (sorry that my tip ruined your skype app...) and that your week isn't the smoothest of weeks.
I hope better times are just around the corner!
By ScoJo
Hey @Bez -

Don't apologise sir, just one of those stupid things! It is so weird that my out-of-date Skype was continuing to work just fine, until I logged out - fucking ridiculous. I'll just look into other apps for doing video calls, so that I can still continue doing Rated Art (albeit infrequently heh heh...)

As for my week, it's actually kind of funny (now that it's almost over...) and worth relaying I guess. I've been dropped in the deep end with a couple of jobs/deadlines, meaning I'm getting even less sleep than usual (I average around 3hrs p/night!) so I'm pretty strung out; the little kids I'm teaching have given me a horrific kiddie cold, the little disease carrying monkeys on acid :( my flatscreen TV decided to die on Tuesday! My gf is away for a month on a job and has been having her own hard time, there have been tearful phone calls before bedtime most nights; I haven't been paid yet for two big jobs last month which has left me extremely impecunious (how bad? I've only bought ONE RECORD so far this month!!!) then problems with my computer, Skype death just as I was about to interview Brandon Schaefer, and to top it all some family issues which have just weakened my last bit of strength.

But tomorrow, my friends, is another planet - chin up! :D

VOTE 1 for YES, DO IT!, 2 for NOOOO! :
--------------
--------------
--------------
Last edited by ScoJo on Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Mateo Sanboval
I'm dropping a fat deuce on this poll.
By lazyben
I think the youtube issue is something to do with the deprecated flash api support from youtube, how this forum is set up and incompatibility with some versions of some browsers and/or plugins. Which doesn't really help much.

Moving to the iframe embeds should fix the issue but it's unclear to me how to do that (and there might be side effects).

The vids are working for me so I can't really test much. I'm in IT but this really isn't my area.

Scott, is your browser up to date?

Some light reading:

https://productforums.google.com/forum/ ... um/youtube
By ScoJo
Hey B

Thanks or this - yep, things looking up today *wink*

I can't update my browser as I'm using old OS on a 2010 iMac, and have absolutely no interest in updating Os as it will DEFINITELY screw with a bunch of funky old software that I use on my desktop. I mean fuck - I only deleted my cookies this week and it has effectively prevented me from ever using Skype again - no way Jose!

But the confusing thing for me is that I get same thing if I use Safari. I guess the logical answer is that both my Safari AND Chrome are out of date. Hey ho. No biggie. I'll just have to use my imagination when I see all these lovely embedded video blank spaces here and on twitter etc (or just use my phone or tablet....).

Of course, a new computer is something that's long overdue, and I'm working on it.

Thanks again for taking the time to reply with yer wisdom, home slice.
By chiefbrody
Anyone else having problems with the site logging them out? Tried to make a few posts in recent days and got the message about needing to be logged in. Just me?