Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By phantomnoir
Haha.

Your user name is disco sucks though.
By DISCOSUCKS...
True dat. My hatsize is still 18 n a quarter though :D
By freshoj
Does "dated" imply negative connotations to folks? I guess it probably does and I am probably misusing it above.

maybe 'dated' implies that it doesn't still sound fresh and great? i.e. it hasn't aged gracefully?

I'd say Dimensione Violente definitely sounds to me very much like the era in which it was produced (for better or worse), but to my ears, it aged well. (though my ears from 5 years ago would have disagreed and would have said it just sounds dated, for worse).
By Spun out of control
So you like it... sort of? ;)

Nothing wrong with something sounding 'of an era' I'd vouch... a bit off topic, but recent giallo releases like the Morricone from DW, Bruno Nicolai from Finders Keepers and AMS/Cinevox re-issues appealed to me precisely because they evoke a feeling of a romantic past (late 60s/early 70s) I was too young/not yet born at the time to experience direct.

Rather than bombastic orchestral scores it's squelchy, dirty synth soundtracks and jazzy almost cocktail music that is doing it for me score wise. This soundtrack seems to slot somewhere in between?
By soundtracks of fear
Finally had the chance to give this one a listen properly from the samples above, and it's great! I had heard of it before but never listened to it, always liked the cover, so brutal, yet the music is so chilled and calm, somber at times. I really like this sort of thing, cheers Spencer for hi-lighting this one. For those of you that don't like it, you must be listening to it with the wrong ears! ;) These posts are gonna be great, something for everyone!
By freshoj
>So you like it… sort of?

ha, something like that! :)

5 years ago I definitely hated it.

But now I actually dig it - and it is slowly growing on me more and more. Maybe I reached the age where I can find the right ears for this stuff? Maybe enough time has past since the 80s to help me drop my hangups?

Has everyone taken the time to listen to the whole thing? It is a pretty varied mix of sounds - some I definitely like better than others.

And I am with you about that magic era @spun! My most cherished recent pick up was an original Gemelli pressing of Nicolai's Marquis De Sade (55 euro and dead mint - I am learning that the OGs aren't as scary as I might have feared!)
By monsterworship
Finally scored a copy of this one. Full disclosure, i paid $100 + shipping.

I do get a vangelis blade runner vibe, which is a good thing by me. Hell the track Dimensione Violenza could almost be a cover song of Blade runner End Titles.

This is something i will listen to frequently. I am pleased with my purchase.