Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By DISCOSUCKS...
Hey peeps,

Just to let you know, as @Spencer's super-sub this week.....I'm up ;)

DEEP CUT RECORD 20
By freshoj
Way to bring the heat discosucks!

By the by, I do try and note the current nominee in the top of this thread - so if there is ever a question of who to nudge, take a peek up there.
By freshoj
SPENCER!
By freshoj
Looks like we might another sub for Spencer. Disco, care to nominate one?
By freshoj
@tonyandrewgiles or @spencer - can one of you post the next deep cut?
By freshoj
or anyone else want to nominate themselves? :)

By deathwaltz
I'll do one this week !
Be up for Friday
By freshoj
rock star!
By DISCOSUCKS...
I'm gonna be cheeky and throw this out there as an un-official, "bootleg" Deep Cut contribution....

ZOO STORY OST - Steven Brown
(Soundwork ‎– 12004, Eden Cie ‎– EDS 0001)

I picked this up knowing absolutely nothing, based on it being very cheap and having a cool title (and really nice/intriguing sleeve...)

It's a soundtrack to a play by Edward Albee, from a production in 1983. The composer Steven Brown is a member of avant-garde rock band Tuxedomoon. There's plenty of saxophone on this OST, both real and fake, along with sound effects and ambience, Stewart Copeland-style percussion and synths.

In some ways you could say it's very dated -- but that's exactly what I'm enjoying about it actually. I get a real sense of time and place from the music, it takes me back to a lot of great and unusual 80s scores/films that I've always loved such as Rumblefish, River's Edge, Union City, The Kill-Off, Moon in the Gutter and other stuff by composers like Gabriel Yared, even some of that awesome C.H.U.D/Xtro synth-sound, believe it or not!

By turns sparse, complex, rhythmic, primitive, evocative and nostalgic...I'm really pleased that this record found me. And if you're intrigued, you can pick it up for next to nothing:

http://www.discogs.com/Steven-Brown-Zoo ... ase/356652

Sample the full OST here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1GXWhzjQVA

and there's even a film of the theatre production here, which looks really interesting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=1325&v=2KDM7yAWpMc
By Dollarhyde
Sounds dope @disco, much appreciated.

I,m digging that cut around 11m.

By zuko
What @Dollarhyde said. Call me a philistine, but I'd love to hear a pumping 4/4 underneath that one ('42nd Street') :)
By deathwaltz
Guys
I'll have my deep cut up by mid week , in Colorado at the moment with mondo crew discussing and planning company wide strategies for 2016/17.
I may even do a double bubble to make up for my slackness.
By tonyandrewgiles
I'll jump on after Mr H :)
By thewaystation
Glad @jmctodo is giving this another go! If Spencer cannot do it maybe someone else can? Deep Cuts is such a great part of the forum.

If more contributors are needed, @jmc, feel free to add me to the list.
By freshoj
Sweet, we are re-open for business.

@thewaystation why don't you take the next one as you haven't posted one yet!
By thewaystation
If it helps to restart the series I'll gladly do it, @jmc. How does end of next week sound?
By freshoj
sure, as soon as you can - but clearly there is no rush in the world of the deep cuts!
By thewaystation
For the next deep cut I have nominated @ghostfires, who hinted at having picked another album already a few months ago. Ghost, hope you can do this, I've thoroughly enjoyed your last one.

Since continuity is key, however, and ghostfires hasn’t posted much recently, I will nominate someone else if the nomination hasn’t been accepted by Wednesday. Does that sound reasonable, @jmctodo?
By freshoj
sweet, thanks for posting. one pedantic request: I think this is DC 21, not 20. Can you update the title? (a shame we didn't give disco's Zoo Story its' own thread)

I'm sure @ghostfires can be persuaded to post. we can nudge him on instagram if need be.
By thewaystation
Thanks, @jmctodo, I have 21'd the post. As I am not on instagram, would you mind doing the nudging there, if needs be?

Oh, and I totally agree that @disco's "Zoo Story" cut should feature on the entry level. Maybe file it as #20.5? Or open a new category of unsolicited, shadow cuts?
By ghostfires
Count me in!
By thewaystation
Aces! Curious what you'll pull out of your sleeve.
By ghostfires
Deep Cut 22 is now up and ready for your reading pleasure. Thank you so much for nominating me a second time, I really do enjoy writing these!

I've got two more loaded and ready whenever you guys want to come back around to me.

For Deep Cut 23, I nominate @bansel.
By bansel
Nomination accepted Ghostman! Give me a few days, I'm going to need a shovel I'm going so deep!