Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By VinyLOST
I'm all about this! Good call John!
By scottyboy71
I wasn't so taken with Il Conte Dracula, but loved the Dimensione Violenza. It really reminded my of Blade Runner at times as well (no bad thing).

I'd love to jump into this deep cuts thing but I think I'd embarress myself. You guys all have such a depth of knowledge of this stuff.
By freshoj
I don't think you need deep knowledge, just a love for a soundtrack record that might not have already been talked up on the forum. So, don't be shy!

At this point, we also have enough volunteers to last a few months, so no need to decide now, just wait and see how it pans out.
By soundtracks of fear
First of all this is a great thread and probably keep us old STBC timers still here.
I've been researching a little since this thread and have come across some great new stuff and obviously rediscovering some classics, but whilst looking it has occurred to me that we could just end up with a list of albums from the same artists/composers i.e Morricone, Nicolai, Umiliani, Frizzi etc just because there are so damned many good ones. Not that that's a problem.

So...maybe just an idea, for a bit of variety we could have one album by said 'artist' and go through all members who are in for the game (on the list) who can hopefully add not only a new album but composer as well. So not two albums by the same composer until we've been through all 20 of us (however many), but I guess if too many join in I'm sure it will take a life of it's own anyway!

Well when everyone has had a go, either add new albums to the composers already on the list or continue to add a new one.

For instance

Bruno Nicolai

Deep cuts #1 - il conte dracula
Deep cuts #32 - Justine

Danielle Patucchi

Deep Cuts #2 - Dimensione Violenza
Deep cuts #28 - Turbo Time

Maybe it will be a keymasters nightmare, but maybe not. Now that it's not just Si, may be easier for everyone!

For this to work we need to keep commenting and listening, keep it near the top of the feed.

I had heard Deep Cuts #1 and #2 already, can't wait to see what else is out there. I'm pretty sure that Daniele Patucchi album was about for around £30 a few years ago before it all went crazy. Wish I bought it now.

just my two penneth ;) Nice One!
By freshoj
you are already trying to come up a solution to a lack of variety and we only have two records in the list. :)

I am happy to maintain a list of deep cuts cross-referenced by composer - good idea. but probably not one we'll need to worry about for many months.

this thread already seems to be 'sticky' so don't worry about it disappearing. as for the individual cut threads dropping below the radar, c'est la vie - but the header of this thread will be kept up to date with the master list for the newly initiated to easily find them.

long story short: let's give this some time before we spend too much time trying to perfect it.

with this said, your 2p is always appreciated!
By soundtracks of fear
O.k cool, just putting it out there, no need for over complicating things so early on.
By freshoj
I'm actually really curious to see how things pan out with the current system. :)
By DISCOSUCKS...
^ I agree @jmc - I'm already really looking forward to hearing @ironjaiden's "justification" for loving the Real Genius OST! ;)
By static14
@Disco Number one is a hard time in the making. :)
By philball1974
Mine is up! *hands baton to @Monsterworship*
By monsterworship
I accept the nomination. Give the new one about a week to marinate and I'll post one up.
By ghostfires
I picked my record for whenever I have the chance to post. It's one I've never seen anyone post about here before, soooo maybe I'll get lucky and actually touch on something few have or have heard!
By freshoj
Sweet, looking forward...
By soundtracks of fear
Think I've got mine ready! Have changed my mind a few times. I may have missed this but has it been decided should we own the record, or can it be one we've heard and love but is just a holy grail and unattainable due to cost or scarcity.
I ask this question mainly as I have found the record I would use - in the flesh. I know it's gonna be expensive ish, but don't actually know the price.
I saw it in a shop window the other day and I told my wife that is what I want/need for Christmas,and she said o.k. but I cannot seem to stress to her enough, how rare this record is and going a bit mad in the fear/dread that it gets sold before she buys it.
She likes surprises and such so leaves me hanging in suspense as to whether or not she has bought it. I can almost think of nothing else at the moment ;)

I could of course just go and buy it myself instead of the electricity bill.
A dilemma! :)
Can't say what it is, probably be my Deep Cut
By DISCOSUCKS...
Very intriguing!

Btw....lot of Italian-love so far in the DC selections....nothing wrong wid dat of course, but hoping maybe we will have some variety to come too! ;)
By Spun out of control
@dagar

Or buy it and your lovely sounding lady can pay you back... we're all in suspense now :)

Have liked the scores so far to varying degrees... might have been Italian but didn't notice particularly as there is wild variety there.
By ghostfires
What I've picked to contribute isn't Italian at all...if that makes anyone feel better...?
By freshoj
To answer the question, I don't think there is a rule that you have to own the record - just dig it and want to share about it.

As far as the Italian leanings: After we have 10 deep cuts, let's discuss any patterns or lack of variety, eh? :p
By DISCOSUCKS...
For shizzle - was just an observation really. Interesting pattern hmm?

No doubt we'll get 10 Cambodian funk sci-fi scores in a row next....... ;)
By freshoj
Now *that* would be an interesting pattern.
By bansel
Damn, @ghostfires I hope we don't pick the same thing lol :-)
By soundtracks of fear
Hhhshh no longer in the the shop window! And yeah Italian also, maybe I'll change it, definitely if I don't get it :)
By bansel
@ghostfires, I nominate YOU! :-) looking forward to it.
By DISCOSUCKS...
Heyhey,

I'm working on my Deep Cut selection guys - is there an agreed day to post to keep the wheels on this wagon, or does it not really matter?

Hoping mine will float a few boats, but I know that it's also not going to lift everyone's skirts here ;)