Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Mateo Sanboval
What terrible news. I, like many of you, have been listening to Jóhann Jóhannsson for over a decade. Jóhannsson maintained his originality and independence even as his popularity and success rose to the point where his "sound" was beginning to be copycatted. I've already spun IBM 1401, A User's Manual and Fordlandia this morning. Inevitably, I'll end up playing Virðulegu Forsetar today, but I don't think I'm quite ready for that yet. This one has me and I don't like it.
By ScoJo
I can only add my voice to those here- terribly sad, his name attached to any project was practically a guarantee of something great, or at the very least never run-of-the-mill. (Remember how excited we all were when the Blade Runner score was first announced? And how confused and disappointed later on?)
I will console myself by exploring the material with which I'm not yet familiar, being a latecomer to his work specifically through the film scoring. Already sense that brother Mateo has dropped a couple of essentials above.
By zuko
Not alway being up with current events, I only heard this news yesterday. So sad. I'm more of a pictures rather than words kind of person so I thought I'd share with you guys this sketch I made yesterday: a whole note as a heptapod logogram. Arrival is my favourite movie in years, and Jóhann's music was a massive part of that.