Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Occhionero
I am trying to get there. What would be nearest Airport next to Cliftonville. Or better by Train from Germany?

Frank
By BurningTapes
Occhionero wrote:I am trying to get there. What would be nearest Airport next to Cliftonville. Or better by Train from Germany?

Frank
It's not that straight forward really. Probably look to go via London (airports) or Dover (train, ferry). Luckily I'm local.
By Spun out of control
Frank, I guess you could catch the train via Euro Tunnel into King's Cross St Pancras and then catch a local train down to Margate from London...

A quicker route might be to fly into Gatwick, which is the nearest major airport.

Spencer is of course best placed to recommend local beauty spots. I do know that Margate has been a seaside town with a reputation of being a little shabby, but by all accounts is now turning that around and is on the up.... it's been a few years (around 10 in fact) since I've been there myself so intrigued to see how it has changed
By Occhionero
Tanks so much. Train would be really cheap. Only 59€ to London from Germany.

Would be cool to see some of you guys there....
By allyboy82
@Occhionero There is a lovely shell grotto in margate! And also a good art gallery if you like that sort of thing.