Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

blastman wrote:Date announced for Dublin in October, yes!!

Hope the tickets last until I get paid on Friday....
Somewhat surprisingly, there are tickets left for all US dates as of about a week ago so I'd wager you'll be safe. Congrats on getting a local show!
It has managed to raise my excitement levels even higher, which seem almost irrational at this point. Glad to actually witness some justification in how comfortable Carpenter looked on stage with the band. He seemed to be having a great time up there laying down those themes. Thirteen days until the Portland show!
@jgibbs - I believe @static14 was going to the DC show?

A couple people have asked me not to spoil anything about the JC live shows, so I thought it would be good if we had a dedicated thread for spilling the beans. We could leave the existing thread for non-spoiler reviews or updates.

Spoiler thread: http://www.spintheblackestcircles.com/b ... 45&t=76677
urgh, Sacred Bones posted a setlist of the primavera show on their instagram, which i saw a few of the tracks and then quickly bolted.

no movement on the shipping notice for the 2 mystery vinyl singles.
SB usually waits til the release date to ship, arriving a week or so later.
I received my shipping notice from Sacred Bones on June 8th! They should be here any day now. That said, I am going to wait until after the show tomorrow night to listen to them if they arrive today or tomorrow.

@Aremagod - I also received a notice yesterday that JC would only sign one personal item now, and I can't decide what to pick.
deafmetal wrote:I received my shipping notice from Sacred Bones on June 8th! They should be here any day now. That said, I am going to wait until after the show tomorrow night to listen to them if they arrive today or tomorrow.

@Aremagod - I also received a notice yesterday that JC would only sign one personal item now, and I can't decide what to pick.
That would be a tough call.....I would probably pick my favorite Carpenter movie/music but that changes by the minute as there is at least 5 movies that are close enough to greatness that anyone of them could be my #1 at any given time.
@monster - Ah, thanks. I did not check the tracking yet. Now I have to resist picking up the variants at the show.

@Spun - Good call. I was leaning toward the Japanese pressings. I wish I had a copy of the score for Christine. That would be a great one as well.
I shan't spoil a thing, but I've just returned home form the Seattle show and it was great fun. This month has been nuts and tonight was the first time I've come up for air in weeks. Killer stuff. If I can find the time tomorrow, I'll post the sordid details and hot goss in the spoiler thread. JC!!
Hahaha! Yes!! Nice work, Deaf. Did he acknowledge your DWRC shirt? That is a great shot of the marquee, by the bye. I meant to take one last night as well, but I had misplaced the notion by the time I had arrived at The Paramount. Enjoy the show!
@Mateo - Indeed, he said, "Death Waltz... those pirates." It made me laugh out loud. Nothing but love and support from me, @Spencer!

I was able to tell him what an honor it was to meet him, and how much his films and music have inspired me over the years. I then told him, much to his surprise, that Big Trouble in Little China changed my life! Haha, always wanted to do that. It was also cool to meet his son and godson, who were also signing any Lost Themes items.

On with the show!