Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Spun out of control
So the Horror Master recently posted...

"There will be a limited tour next year in support of "Lost Themes" and a second album."

LINK

Excited?

Recently saw Will Gregory & his Moog Orchestra play a trio of tracks from Escape from New York as part of his London Barbican show and was the highlight of that event. Can only imagine what it will be like to see Carpenter himself revisit a few old classics alongside his newbies... if he makes it over to England
By deafmetal
I remember joking about getting JC booked for MondoCon this year. I would obviously be thrilled to see him perform live. I believe he said in that interview that it would take "a million dollars" to pull it off, so somebody must have come up with that million bux. ;)
By Hatter313
A second album!!!! Yes please!
By deafmetal
@Hatter - Agreed. Very pleased to hear about another album.
By ghostfires
Pretty exciting Jean-Michel Jarre video with new Carpenter collaborative music...

[video]http://youtu.be/iPUcfe25rW4[/video]
By thewaystation
@ghost Good to see you back here! Hope you post more often, your deep cut on Bachelet's "Histoire d'O" is a forum highlight!

Re the topic at hand, Jarre might be more likely to collaborate if Carpenter knew how to spell his name ;)
By DISCOSUCKS...
@ghost - very cool, thanks for posting!
By hncreature
Beat me to it ghost just found that...very excited!
By Jimmy_Mike
@ghost welcome back
By ghostfires
Thanks guys, I appreciate that! I look forward to sharing, and hearing new music.
I felt the need to bump this thread to discuss both the new album and the upcoming tour as a whole. I was actually listening to Lost Themes during my commute recently, which was right before the preorders were all announced. It refreshed my memory yet again on just how much I enjoy the album.

As I posted in the original album thread, I really tried to force myself to evaluate the music on its own outside of any direct relationship to John Carpenter. If anything, it has allowed me to admit to myself that I do really enjoy listening to "proggy electronic/rock", which is something I would have been very hesitant to admit just a few years ago. Whether this reflects my age or changing tastes has yet to be determined, but there it is. I do not understand those who have written off the album as too boring/same-sounding, as I feel it covers quite a lot of ground. I do like some of the tracks better than others, and those probably are the ones that lean more on the electronic-side, but I still appreciate the album as a whole.

I am looking forward to checking out the new album, and feel it will be very interesting to see what kind of stage prescence the extended Carpenter family shows up with.
The Cult Leader wrote:+1

The deluxe is saying sold out when you go to checkout. Probably just cart hoarders. Had to keep refreshing the page to get one.
Similar thing happened with polish night music, I ordered the standard when i couldn't get the deluxe and was so annoyed i emailed them and asked if the deluxe was really sold out a second after I got the email. They got back to me in like ten seconds flabbergasted and said they received a few notes and that it was a glitch that was now fixed, and they happily refunded my standard order.

Always a pleasure dealing with them
Was just about to post this @deaf... beat me to it!

Looks like Mr Carpenter is saving the best 'til last - or at least us Londoners will have to be a bit more patient ;)

New track sounding strong, if a little prog-gy in places - Peter Gunn goes synth.

As others have noted, Sacred Bones finally has their own copies up for sale direct - had already bagged the wacky sounding Newbury Comics one ....also 500 units
Last edited by Spun out of control on Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spun out of control wrote:Was just about to post this @deaf... beat me to it!

Looks like Mr Carpenter is saving the best 'til last - or at least us Londoners will have to be a bit more patient ;)

New track sounding strong, if a little prog-gy in places - Peter Gunn goes synth.
A bit more patient he says, to See John Carpenter ON Halloween. Now that should be an experience!

I wonder if Spencer and Mo can get him to open MondoCon this year a la Frizzi last year haha.

Anyway, NYC show is booked and set for me, can't wait.