Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

@jgibbs - Yes, they were selling "meet & greet" tickets that included an autograph signing.

I will keep it short and sweet for this non-spoiler thread. The show far exceeded my ridiculously high expectations. What an incredible celebration of Carpenter's film music, and a kick-ass display of the talents of the multiple generations of JC clan. An excellent night of live music. This tour is not to be missed if at all possible!
Deaf - That is hilarious about the DWRC shirt. Personally, I love those pirates and this pirate ship, but that is a great anecdote. More importantly, I completely agree about the show in regards to expectations; it superseded them.
That poster is awesome!

@deaf/Mateo, did you guys see any of that Merch for sale, or was that just the exclusive...still kicking myself over not doing the meet and greet but i've got 4 people going and i just couldn't swing it. I'd love to get my hands on a poster from the NY show so i may have to do some digging later on.

Can't wait, going to be something else.
FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK!!!!! His latest facebook tour date photo this morning and the tourdates link have the Colorado show removed. This has been the worst fucking week ever for me and based on this I am guessing he canceled the only show I can go to. I am about to fucking explode. When it rains it fucking pours.
@thedeepness - Is it confirmed they canceled Denver? That is just terrible. I feel sick just thinking about how you must feel. Hope it's not true.

@hatter - There was quite a lot of different merch available, but I won't spoil it here. I have a full day of work ahead, but I will try to post all the gory details in the spoiler thread later tonight. I got a couple incredible photos of the band on stage.
@Deaf,

A scholar and a gentleman sir, thanks!
Oh, Deep, that stinks the CO show was cancelled. I wonder if that show didn't sell particularly well? I know most of the shows still have seats available. The Seattle show looked to be about 70% sold with lots of room in the "cheap seats."
Did you follow up with anyone to confirm the cancellation and not just an oversight?

Just yesterday he had posted that they were playing in Seattle tonight (and they were actually playing in Portland!).

scojo i saw on facebbok today that ATP has folded completely and cancelled all their shows. (And they noted that other promoter will pick up some of their shows though.)
@monster
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*deep breath*
Oh shite... saw that ATP Iceland was cancelled and didn't put two and two together regarding JC's UK shows, but you're right, they were ATP events.

Still, a while before October - hope there are more twists to this particular story.

On a positive note, my 'mystery colour' Sacred Bones 12-inches arrived today, but have yet to break the seal...
@scojo and any others nervous about the UK shows, their Facebook said:

ATP Iceland festival is no longer happening, but all our other UK shows will have new promoters appointed and tickets transferred (all purchased tickets remain valid with the new promoter).

That looks pretty definitive about the UK shows still happening. I certainty hope so!
@Hatter - I believe that gig poster I took a picture of was created by the local Portland promoter. Here is a better version:
They were not selling any of these at the show, although they have been posted around town. I have a copy of the PDF if you or anybody else is interested. I will write up some details of the official merchandise in the spoiler thread when I get a chance.

I can't believe ATP Iceland is cancelled as well as the Denver gig. We need more JC gigs around the world, not less!
Oh I just saw this after looking at the spoiler thread! Yeah man, can you send me the pdf? PM me if you don't have my email anymore. I'm so stoked man, can't wait for this show! I'm seeing the cure tomorrow night, so that should hold me over for a few weeks.
@Spun - That is a cool poster for the Detroit show as well. It's great to see different people coming up with designs for the tour. That said, I doubt any of these one-offs will be available for sale at the shows. The official JC tour poster is cool enough, but there is something special about having your own venue and city on the print to hang on the wall. A potentially missed opportunity to work with the wealth of artistic talent out there on a different design for each city on the tour.
I just read that Jeremy Wheeler designed the Detroit show poster. He has created a few different Carpenter-related posters, including this really rad one from Beyond Fest a few years ago:
The Detroit Masonic Temple is such an interesting venue. I have only been there once when I attended Richie Hawtin (Plastikman) performing in '98, and it was quite an experience. Just wandering around the space was really cool.

I am now getting the same feelings I had after seeing Fabio Frizzi perform in Austin last year. Wishing very much that I had committed to catching additional shows on the tour!
I'm not surprised about death traitors, Alex heir does a lot of work with sacred bones. Actually most of my Alex heir stuff is from them and not traitors.