Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

I'm watching the vip line form with envy....2 hours oh man
Wow! What an awesome show.. Would have been a little better if my bro came through like he said he was going to, but of course I got the call 45 min before the show that he had to stay late for work L0L.. Carpenter, hes the man! Cant even pick a favorite jam, but In the Mouth of Madness and Escape From NY really stood out to me.

Met Richard and JD from the Howard Stern show and RA the Rugged Man, bought a t shirt, some expensive beer, and just hung out enjoying the show.
Awesome awesome night. Missed the signed poser but the poster itself is great. Good to see cult and monsterworship there enjoying the night too. I had pockets of friends in every corner it was very weird but also encouraging. Opening with escape IN New York was a special moment. Carpenter looks like he's having a complete blast on this tour
Ha! I'm in the left hand corner about twenty feet from the stage, I think the pic is cut off on that side right before me.
I have been thinking back over the last few years, and felt the need to ponder some of the many historical things that have occurred in such a brief amount of time. This event would have to be one of them. I have talked to quite a few people about this, and also overheard many conversations similar to, “I can’t believe I saw John Carpenter perform his music live on stage”. There seems to be a general appreciation for the experience of the concert itself, and almost something like shock that this is all happening in our lifetimes. Looking back through some older threads on this forum, you will find jokes about a “dream” John Carpenter live concert, or about booking him to perform at an event like MondoCon.

Like many of you, I have been enamored with the films and original scores of John Carpenter for most of my life, although perhaps not in the exact order of consumption that one might expect. When I was a young kid in the Reagan years of the 1980’s, it was incredibly difficult to sneak anything other than some TV broadcast film edits past my parents, and even some of those attempts were unsuccessful. I was able to catch a few of them though, and I felt that They Live spoke directly to me, and really opened my eyes to the society I was growing up in. I also really enjoyed Escape From New York and Big Trouble In Little China (a personal favorite), but the horror films were completely unavailable to me back then. My first viewing of The Thing in my late teenage years was an earth-shattering experience for me. So, it wasn’t all about Halloween ‘78 for me back then, as much as I love it now, as I don’t believe I even saw the film until my early 20’s. The music sounded so familiar though...

The Lost Themes album took a lot of us by surprise, and once it was known that it was not just a compilation of unreleased material, it almost seemed inevitable that we might be able to hear some of this music performed live. Who remembers the JC quote, “It would take a million dollars.”? We could probably guess where that million came from due to some of the merchandising and pricing, but I found myself happily shelling out for the experience. It really felt like a bucket list moment, and much has been said already about the content and quality of the concert. It still makes me smile when I think about John Carpenter “boogieing” around on stage while pounding on those keys.

For those of you in the UK who have waited longer.than.anybody.else, I trust you will enjoy the upcoming shows!
Very eloquently put @deaf - as ever...

There is a certain delicious irony in the fact that the London date was announced first and it feels like we have been waiting a year for it to come around (sure it's not quite that long). As a result I'm feeling remarkably chilled about it.

The 'dream' now is seeing Carpenter and Frizzi jamming on stage together, since they are both playing London a day apart. Wonder if they know or are admirers of each other??
Well put Deaf.
I am still ridiculously disappointed, sad, gutted, pissed, and jealous that the Colorado show was canceled at the last minute. Such a shitty kick to gut only a few days before the show.
Keeping my fingers crossed maybe I will get another chance someday
I'm considering doing the meet and greet upgrade for one of the JC shows in the UK. could someone tell me how it works? It just says 'early entry', but I was wondering how early so I need to get there, and how do I go about meeting back up with my buddies after the meet n greet afterwards.

It says JC will autograph 2 items. I'm really not sure what I would get signed! Not a fan of writing on my minty vinyl sleeves, probably the OCD in me!
@frozen - If it works similar to the US, the promoters would email you with the door entry time for the meet & greet. It is usually two hours before showtime. For the event I attended, we were allowed access to the venue lobby where they had the merch booth set up and Carpenter and his sons arrived there as well. After the meet & greet, we left the venue to meet up with others outside and they opened the doors for everybody an hour later. They might run it completely different for your show, but that's how it went for me.

I see a lot of people get posters or DVD's/Blu Rays signed rather than LP sleeves.
Dublin last night was epic (although the setlist means the show is not long, only about 75 minutes including encore), it was an experience to hear this music played live. I couldn't bring myself to spring for the VIP package, but I'm not entirely sure I did the right thing. Anyone who's going to any of the remaining dates, I doubt that you'll be disappointed.
Just saw JC had this posted on her s Facebook page for all those lucky enough to go see him tomorrow:

"JOHN CARPENTER’S HALLOWEEN COSTUME CONTEST
ATTN! ALL JOHN CARPENTER FANS ATTENDING THE LONDON CONCERT @ the TROXY ON HALLOWEEN:

You’re already seeing John Carpenter perform live on Halloween, what could be better than that? How about a COSTUME CONTEST judged by the horror master himself? That’s right, you read that correctly.

DATE: Monday 31st October 2016
TIME: 5:00PM-7:45PM

HOW DO I ENTER?

Arrive to the concert early and get IN LINE, IN COSTUME. If you’re wearing a Halloween costume, our Photographers will come by to take your PHOTO and take down your name. You must be in line before 7:45PM to qualify. John will select his favorite costume and announce the winner LIVE ON STAGE during the concert!

WHAT DO I WIN?

Besides ultimate Halloween bragging rights forever? How about 4 official John Carpenter tour merchandise items of your choice PLUS a photo/meet and greet with John after the show?! Sound good? Thought so.

RULES?

No weapons or things that look like weapons. Real or fake, we don’t want to see them and they won’t be allowed in the venue.

Other than that, go wild! Dress up as whatever/whomever you want. Costume options are NOT limited to characters from John Carpenter movies. Extra points for originality.

Happy Halloween! See you all soon :)"