Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

Manchester was so good , hope everyone whos off to the troxy tonight enjoys it, JC was on at 8:30 sharp in Manc with no support. looking at the comments over the weekend at appears that there were quite a few issues with the gig for people with overcrowding and being unable to see / hear but i experienced none of this . He played everything i wanted and more , the video projection was brilliant and those dance moves wow :)
Seemed like pretty much the whole UK soundtrack aficionado & label fraternity was at the Carpenter gig last night... ran into Spencer, Blake who wrote the 'Scored to Death' book, and our very own Spun... recording artist Steve Nolan at the show.

Would have liked to meet more of you chaps but was rammed and very busy in the venue, a real rock show vibe with lots of excitable folk.

Opening on the theme from Escape From New York and then straight into Assault... meant it was pretty much an unbeatable opening that, for me at least, the rest couldn't quite hope to match. The audience seemed really into it, with big roars of approval when Roddy Piper appeared on screen for example.

Enjoyed Carpenter's shoulder shuffle/ dad dance throughout. Would have liked to have heard 'The Duke...' track from Escape.. performed - it was pretty much the one theme from each key movie in his career with a smattering of Lost Themes tracks in between. I guess the audience was less familiar with those as there was a lot more noticeable chatter during those numbers. 75 mins also felt long enough.

However rarely have I witnessed a cool London gig crowd so vocal in their approval of anyone.

Think I enjoyed the warmth and obvious passion of the Fabio Frizzi show more the evening before last - Carpenter's crew were a bit more drilled and following a routine let's say. Ultimately though I liked it enough to buy the rather excellent T-shirt...
Attachments
John Carpenter Escape from New York T shirt copy.jpg
John Carpenter Escape from New York T shirt copy.jpg (779.24 KiB) Viewed 2561 times