Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Occhionero
I just bought my ticket for the Frankfurt (Germany) Concert and I know most here are not from Germany, but I wonder if someone of you guys will be there.

Would be cool to meet somebody from STBC in Frankfurt.

Somebody saw the maestro live. Share your experience. I am really excited....
By Occhionero
I am in Frankfurt at Ennio Morricone Concert. Any guys of you here? Drop me a line...

By antimax
Really?! Is he conducting? I had tickets for his Los Angeles performance that was supposed to take place last year, but… He had to cancel it for medical reasons :(
By Spun out of control
Despite his advanced years Morricone played/conducted at the O2 in London a couple of months back... I didn't go, fearing it would be all populist mainstream stuff... but then kicked myself on reading the 5 star reviews that mentioned performances of his lesser known giallo stuff and the fact that this was pretty much a farewell tour.

It other words it sounded bloomin' amazing. Sure the very dapper looking @Occhionero had a real treat.
By el diabolik
The London concert was sublime!

By chiefbrody
@occhie, how was it? Any particular highlights?
By Occhionero
@spun: Ya, I dressed myself up
By Occhionero
It was a great experience! He has played over 2 1/2 hours. Of course, mainly the hits, but also things like "La classe operaia va in Paradiso" and "H2S".

One of my favorite songs "Come Maddalena" in a funky bass version (like here: http://youtu.be/1BhAFl-uHpY)

My softspot for "Cinema Paradiso" played by an orchestra with more than 100 musicans on stage made me shiver.

The opportunities are rare to see the Maestro live! You should take the chance.
By DISCOSUCKS...
I'm super happy for you @Occhionero, sounds amazing.

Unfortunately, I had Xmas tickets for the Birmingham UK show.......which was the ONE date as far as I know that was CANCELLED due to poor health!!! Agggghhhhh.........I really didn't need to hear that he played earlier scores/it's a swan song tour. (sigh)

I wish Il Maestro the best of health.

And now I'm off to commit ritual Seppuku. So long, cruel world............

By deafmetal
Pretty stoked for those of you who were able to attend the concerts.
By antimax
You Europeans are lucky though, it seems that getting him over to the states is near impossible these days, and is likely to never happen again at this point… Here's hoping.
By Occhionero
I read somwhere that he plans concerts in the States and Japan.