Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By ghostfires
@Bansel - I believe I own right around 50 TD and TD related records. I kinda lied earlier though because I don't own anything of theirs from the '90s, and I think they had a couple of albums come out on vinyl during that time period. I just could not stand what the sounded like during the '90s, so I didn't care to pick any of it up.
By brucechimp
Tangerine Dream played Sorcerer here in Melbourne last Thursday and it was killer. It wasn't quite the live score, because the film played without dialogue. It was still fantastic though.
By Macready
Listened to a lot of mid-period TD in school, where Rubycon was almost the benchmark for feats of synth-endurance by the classier muso-kids, before ditching them in favour of indie-rock and hip-hop. Only got back into the early stuff when reading Julian Cope's Krautrocksampler in the mid-90s. Meanwhile this forum got me into them again when I picked up reasonably priced copies of Sorceror and Near Dark this year.

Of the 10 or so TD / related albums I own, Force Majeure is probably my personal favourite. It's maybe a bit more bright and 'up' than 'out there', but if you're looking for an LP that manages to bridge the divide between epic soundscapes and head-nodding, proggy/noodly madness, it might be the one for you too. Thru Metamorphic Rocks in particular is almost the perfect TD track.
By tim28212
sad news

From the TANGERINE DREAM Facebook page:

Dear Friends,
This is a message to you we are very sorry for…
On January 20th, Tuesday afternoon, Edgar Froese suddenly and unexpectedly passed away from the effects of a pulmonary embolism in Vienna.
The sadness in our hearts is immensely.
Edgar once said: “There is no death, there is just a change of our cosmic address."
Edgar, this is a little comfort to us.
Yours,
TANGERINE DREAM TEAM
By ghostfires
I just received this in an email. What a sickening thing to read. Froese was one of the guiding lights for me in my musical journey through life. He will be sorely missed. What an incredible talent he has always been, and what an amazing legacy of musical output he has left behind.

By soundtracks of fear
Very sad news, I feel a bit sad!
Where would we have been without Tangerine Dream
By DISCOSUCKS...
My first live concert in 1985. Turned on to TD by the StreetHawk theme, I was 15 yrs old and went alone, surrounded by (what seemed like) old bearded long hairs! Their stage setup looked just like the front cover of "Logos". It was just incredible. I raced home and played my TD lps all night on my dads hi-fi, no doubt to the bemusement of my family.

TDs contribution to film scoring has left a huge legacy on cinema - their influence is undeniable. They were the go-to group throughout the 80s and 90s, and they made even the weakest movie watchable. And they made some really good movies nearly great.

They did lose me at some point, but that was only a matter of taste. I never counted them out. It pains me now, all over again, that I didn't take the plunge and book myself a birthday weekend in Copenhagen last year, for the live "Sorcerer" score. It's going to take a while to get over that, dammit.

Sorry this reads like sleeve notes! I just wanted to express my feeling of loss, RIP Herr Froese. Long live TD.

By ghostfires
All weekend...

By jdubtxn
Wow sad news but he had already left such an awesome legacy. TD - Zeit was one of the first records I bought. It was weird and awesome and I was hooked on collecting anything they have touched. Legend Soundtrack is amazing.