Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

Hey guys... apologies, been a while, but only because we've basically been busy prepping some very cool scores

Some you'll already be aware of, others you won't.

First up, you'll probably have 'twigged' that we have the score for future cult classic 'Couple in a Hole' by Geoff Barrow's band Beak (also consisting of Billy Fuller & Matt Williams) currently up for pre-order on the Invada site.

We've got a webstore exclusive coloured vinyl 'deluxe' version for this, limited to 250 copies. The vinyl itself borrows from the theme of the movie - a grieving couple retreat back to nature - in that we have a very clever black (hole) in fertile green colour way. It looks ace.

If that wasn't enough, each copy comes with an exclusive print signed by the film's director Tom Greene and our in-house sleeve artist Marc Bessant.

'Hole' in your own collection? Grab your copy here:
http://www.invada.co.uk/collections/all ... e-pre-sale

There are also cassette and Digipak CD formats... with a forthcoming retail version of the LP available on 'Tree Bark Brown' for those who want to support their local store/s.

The film is unpredictably bonkers... interested to know what you guys also make of the score which has plenty of twists and turns of its own.

Get a preview at our Soundcloud page:
https://soundcloud.com/invadauk/sets/be ... er/s-ES1Ik

Trailer for the movie here (featuring some of the Beak score) for those who've not caught it on the festival circuit or on general release (also available on pay on demand):
Attachments
Couple in a Hole Beak.JPG
Couple in a Hole Beak.JPG (388.16 KiB) Viewed 5644 times
Couple in a Hole Invada.JPG
Couple in a Hole Invada.JPG (447.39 KiB) Viewed 5644 times
Couple in a Hole Beak colourway ltd to 250.jpeg
Couple in a Hole Beak colourway ltd to 250.jpeg (71.09 KiB) Viewed 5644 times
Last edited by invadauk on Mon May 09, 2016 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yeah it's cool they're doing a tape too. Very tempted by the vinyl though I have to say - especially when someone makes the effort to make the treatment/colour a perfect fit for the movie.

Watched the movie on demand via Virgin movies in the UK the other Friday night and of course was listening out for the score - it is a pretty perfect fit. It even provides a few moments of uplift in what could otherwise be quite a dour tale.
Spun out of control wrote:Yeah it's cool they're doing a tape too. Very tempted by the vinyl though I have to say - especially when someone makes the effort to make the treatment/colour a perfect fit for the movie.

Watched the movie on demand via Virgin movies in the UK the other Friday night and of course was listening out for the score - it is a pretty perfect fit. It even provides a few moments of uplift in what could otherwise be quite a dour tale.
What'd you think of the film, Spun?
On one level the film's very downbeat - seeing as it's about a couple's extreme reaction to grief - but I also quite liked the idea/literal metaphor of a relationship being 'stuck in a hole', unable to leave bygones be bygones and move forward.

On another level though I thought the languid beauty of the visuals (I know director Terrence Malick has been cited), and in places the score, lifted that up and kept the whole thing very watchable.

The real star of the movie though is the French countryside - if you're into that, which I guess I am :)

The only thing that had me scratching my head slightly was the ending, but won't spoil it. It did linger with me for a few days afterwards.

Anyone else seen it?
Bezulsqy wrote:Looks interesting :-)
Listening to the soundcloud bits it sounded like something that could grow on me. I like it but not sure by how much. Will pick up the tape. The sound fits that format perfectly in my opinion.
Cheers for picking this up. At Invada we want to put out these interesting scores to smaller movies from time to time, that might otherwise pass under the radar. That being said, we'll keep putting out the higher profile modern classics like Drive too.

Here's an interview with Beak talking about their score with the Quietus:
http://thequietus.com/articles/20129-be ... soundtrack