Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By NMA
Hooray!!!

Finally the news I have been waiting for. I am very glad to hear that the vinyl soundtrack to BASKIN will be released by Invada. I am really proud of BASKIN as the first proper horror movie from my country.

Read Tony's awesome review @ http://www.blumhouse.com/2016/03/23/exc ... rt-reveal/
Attachments
baskininvada.jpg
baskininvada.jpg (454.81 KiB) Viewed 10524 times
By lazyben
I have a "Baskin" soundtrack on Giallo Disco by a different composer. Poking around that seems to have been a short so is this a feature length version of the same story? The director seems to be the same.

I'm not that bowled over by the samples of this on first listen but will give them another go.
By NMA
lazyben wrote:I have a "Baskin" soundtrack on Giallo Disco by a different composer. Poking around that seems to have been a short so is this a feature length version of the same story? The director seems to be the same.

I'm not that bowled over by the samples of this on first listen but will give them another go.
I have that 12" by Volkan Akaalp, too and that's an awesome 12" by the way. The story is that BASKIN was first a horror short directed by Can Evrenol and at that time, the soundtrack to the short was composed by Volkan Akaalp. When BASKIN became a full feature horror movie, Ulaş Pakkan became the composer for the new soundtrack.
By lazyben
OK thanks. The short always sounded intriguingly mindfucking although I haven't seen it. Will add the longer one to the list too.

What does Baskin mean btw?
By NMA
lazyben wrote:OK thanks. The short always sounded intriguingly mindfucking although I haven't seen it. Will add the longer one to the list too.

What does Baskin mean btw?
"Baskın" means "bust" / "raid" in Turkish.
By NathanLurker
Yeeees, Ill check out the preview tracks when I'm back home. I have been enjoying the short dil soundtrack on Giallo Disco a lot and have been waiting to get a chace to see both the short and the full lenght movie for a while now. From the pictures and trailer this look absolutely amazing. The full movie is going to be released on march 25th. I'm looking forward to listening to this new soundtrack, and I was hopint it would see a vinyl release.
By invadauk
Hey guys... and thanks for starting this thread @NMA

Tony's Blumhouse post at the top of this thread pretty much covers it, but, yes, this version of the score is completely different to the previous Giallo Disco release from a couple of years back.

Basically that was for the short. For the full length feature they have gone with a brand new score by a different composer: Ulas Pakkan.

It will blow your mind.

We're doing the vinyl for this. Our brothers Lakeshore Records are handling the CD & digital.

As with 'Couple in a Hole' we'll have a very limited (250 copies pressing) on a special colour way: Red Splatter on Transparent Vinyl.

There will also be a Solid Red option limited to 500 units.

All copies contain a digital download code.

Coming... SOON! Further details to follow.

Meanwhile, listen to the Soundcloud preview for the Baskin score here:
https://soundcloud.com/lakeshore-record ... ck-preview

Be prepared to get very freaked out.
Attachments
Baskin_Original_Motion_Picture_Soundtrack_-_vinyl_-2_grande.jpg
Baskin_Original_Motion_Picture_Soundtrack_-_vinyl_-2_grande.jpg (133.12 KiB) Viewed 10282 times
Baskin_Original_Motion_Picture_Soundtrack_-_vinyl_-1_grande.jpg
Baskin_Original_Motion_Picture_Soundtrack_-_vinyl_-1_grande.jpg (104.97 KiB) Viewed 10282 times
Baskin_Original_Motion_Picture_Soundtrack_-_vinyl_-3_grande.jpg
Baskin_Original_Motion_Picture_Soundtrack_-_vinyl_-3_grande.jpg (239.11 KiB) Viewed 10282 times
By NMA
I am sooo looking forward to this release. I am constantly refreshing my inbox for the new Invada newsletter :D
By Bezulsqy
That third picture is pretty gruesome... I like it!
By NMA
Any updates? When will this be available on Invada Webshop? The newsletter?
By Spun out of control
As per newsletter today looks like this is now in stock and ready to order from the web store.

Mail-order version 'Clear with Red Splatter', strictly limited to 250 copies.

(Incidentally, Camino LP by Kreng also in stock and ready to order at the same time + Captain Fantastic on pre-order - all go at Invada HQ!)

http://www.invada.co.uk/collections/all-products
Attachments
Baskin soundtrack.jpeg
Baskin soundtrack.jpeg (56.58 KiB) Viewed 10068 times
By Jimmy_Mike
Anyone know where to pick this up in the States? tesekkurler
By NMA
Jimmy_Mike wrote:Anyone know where to pick this up in the States? tesekkurler
I bet there will be cheaper options in the upcoming weeks but for now, you may want to try Amazon.com:

http://www.amazon.com/Baskin/dp/B01FGRW0YK

Bir şey değil :)
By texasvinyl
The splatter is a mail order exclusive, any distribution in the states will probably be a retail version.
By invadauk
This is up on our web store to grab now folks.

To confirm:

- Red Splatter on Transparent Vinyl (250 copies - available exclusively from us)

- Solid Red (500 copies - Retail worldwide).

All copies will include digital download code.

CD and digital release will be handled by our brothers at Lakeshore Records.

https://soundcloud.com/lakeshore-record ... ck-preview
By NMA
I am waiting to have my order shipped :)