Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By invadauk

Available now on LP & CD from our webstore :http://www.invada.co.uk/search?q=minecraft
Released on Ghostly - we have quantities of both formats now in stock

Minecraft Volume Alpha is the work of German composer and musician Daniel Rosenfeld. Using C418 as his moniker, Rosenfeld crafted the sweeping soundtrack and vibrant sound design which helped breathe life into Minecraft's voxel-based universe. Fans and critics were universally enamored with his beatless, nuanced electronic pieces upon release. Popular gaming site Kotaku named it among The Best Game Music of 2011, calling the music "remarkably soothing," and The Guardian has compared Rosenfeld's delicate piano and sparse ambient motifs to legendary artists Erik Satie and Brian Eno.
In an interview feature with C418, Polygon distilled Volume Alphato its essence: "It's not bound by the retro aesthetic of Minecraft's graphics. It transcends them. The album is an attempt to uplift the combined game/music experience into the sublime." But for all of the critical praise, C418's crowning achievement has to be his insatiable fan base, the seemingly endless swath of players and listeners who treat his music like gospel. They are exactly who this physical release of the Minecraft soundtrack was conceived for, though Ghostly hopes to bring Rosenfeld's music to a whole new audience as well. As any cursory listen of the touching sounds will reveal, this isn't a record meant solely for lifelong gamers and MineCon diehards; anyone in love with ambient, neo-classical, or minimal music needs to hear Volume Alpha. For the soundtrack's physical release, Ghostly has designed standard vinyl and CD packages around colorful artwork from the digital version.
By deafmetal
Cool to see Invada stocking this title. I have always enjoyed the ambient soundtrack in Minecraft. I find it to be very enjoyable and soothing to listen to while building virtual worlds. It will be interesting to see how the listening experience is on vinyl.
By pyrexia
Maybe this was talked about elsewhere, but does anyone have the black vinyl version. The surface noise is almost insane. Is it just mine?
By Peek-a-boo
I have the green vinyl version. It plays really nicely, no noise.