Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By NathanLurker
Looks amazing ! Very interested in seeing the movie and looking forward to a soundtrack release.
By invadauk

Some of you may have heard we are releasing the Vinyl & CD versions of this :

story courtesy of FACT MAGAZINE

http://www.factmag.com/2015/01/16/invad ... oundtrack/

the digital version is up on the UK Spotify / Itunes via Universal Pictures - wont be up digitally in the U.S yet as the film doesn't drop til April over there.

We will be releasing this on vinyl and CD with bonus discs (both formats) with additional material on it.

More details to follow.

By zuko
Wicked, can't wait to have a listen. That's my work listening sorted for today :)
By invadauk

@zuko - let us know what you think..

obviously its Geoffs music on Geoffs label so we're gonna be a bit biased - but interested to hear what you think..
By Spun out of control
Would be great to read an article on the way they approached the scoring process for this film (their first 'commissioned' score?) as opposed to the speculative Drokk project.. perhaps Films on Wax could take up the challenge of an interview...? :)

On first listen this sounds more glacial and subtle than Drokk's pulsating propulsive synths (though the track Hacking/Cutting gives a nod back to that more upfront sound).

Will be very interested to see (and hear) the vinyl presentation of this... hopefully we won't have (too) long to wait?
By deathwaltz
The film is pretty incredible and the score is amazing.
Been on non stop since Redg sent it too me .

My lady did the match move / body tracking on this and got a credit so she was very happy too.
By philball1974
Yeah ive seen it. Awesome movie, not as good as Big Hero 6 which could well stick as the best film of the year, but this is a film every sci fi fan should watch. Highly enjoyable

By Spun out of control
Just watched this. On a first viewing the body mapping/matching is flawless - and needed to be for the film to work - so a credit (and hopefully payment!) is well deserved!

To me it came across as a mash up of The Stepford Wives, an episode of Charlie Brooker's Black Mirror and an old 2000AD Tharg's Future Shocks-type story, with at least half a dozen other sci-fi movies we've all grown up with mixed in. Also a couple of uncomfortable bits re: treatment/portrayal of women of certain ethnicities... though I guess this could be partly explained away as a projection of that character's fantasies and being generally a bit of a git. I do wonder how the movie would play in Japan though.

At least a couple of the reveals/twists near the end seemed fairly obvious in advance - wasn't sure we were supposed to pick up on that? Being careful not to give any spoilers here of course :)

It is the kind of movie you think about afterwards though - and there are precious few of those around. Plus, roll on the score on vinyl.
By DrRhythm
"a mash up of The Stepford Wives, an episode of Charlie Brooker’s Black Mirror and an old 2000AD Tharg’s Future Shocks-type story"......I'm in!!
By Oiche
Saw at the cinema last night. Loved film and score; hugely looking forward to invada's release.
By terryreidsauce
@invadauk
Will this be avaible through LITA or just Invada's site? Thanks!
By Spun out of control
Got the impression this is not coming out in physical form until April, just before Invada's Record Store Day releases and to coincide with the film's US release date (April 10th). Anyone hear any different?

EDIT: Aha, been confirmed on their Facebook, and here is the cover art (am I the only one preferring the B&W image of a prone Ava used for the iTunes cover?)

By Spun out of control
Saw that @zuko - wonder whether Invada's own store will be doing any variant? It's been all quiet on the vinyl front for a while regarding this title, but am definitely ready to throw my money down for it...
By zuko
Yeah, have given it some serious spins on Spotify, cash waiting here too. Think I prefer the CD cover to the black version actually, at least one of us will be happy either way! Maybe if they do variants they'll do different covers too, like with Solaris…
By reddye6
Seeing this listed as a 2-CD (bonus CD) and 2-LP package. Will the vinyl have the same tracks as the CDs, or is the bonus-CD music only with the CD package?
By reddye6
My previous question still applies, if anyone can answer -- is the bonus material only available with the CD package?
By invadauk

@reddye

the cd and the vinyl both have a bonus disc of material not on the current 10 track digital release

By reddye6
Beautiful, thanks! Was able to snag a frosted at seemingly the last second.