Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By reddye6
@NathanLurker

I encountered the same thing when I tried to order, but I did some refreshing and eventually landed one.
By invadauk

Guys its not sold out - lots of people putting into carts then not checking out.
big cartel only give you 10 mins so keep refreshing..

in case you missed news

EX MACHINA is up now...

http://invadarecords.bigcartel.com/

By NathanLurker
Oh my....it comes up to 66$CAD for me to order it, and that's not including rolling up the poster instead of having it folded. I think I'll pass on the exclusive edition and pick up the regular at my local store. Super excited for this release anyway ! Good job Invada, it looks super nice, great colors, great design.

EDIT : If someone gets a spare of the ltd colorway, I'd like to trade for it though.
By sonnydexter
Panicked when I got the Sold Out message! .... now I'm smiling :) mine,mine all mine!
By texasvinyl
Boom, awesome! well, except the price, ouch, though anything in pounds sterling will do that :P

We enjoyed the movie. The drafthouse pre-show included lots of creepy robot clips from japan.

By Little Walter
Does anyone know which version LITA has up for pre-order? I'm assuming white . . .
By zuko
Both look gorgeous, congrats!
By dumaisaudio
I'm guessing the LITA version is the retail white vinyl, as they haven't said there is any other version besides white and the splatter. Given that the splatter will cost me $55 after shipping, I think I'll stick with the one LITA is selling since it seems it's the same aside from the color. Music sounds great, looking forward to seeing the movie soon.
By liftman2013
Have i missed the frosted version, has this finally sold out
By invadauk

@liftman2013 not sure what 'finally means'

the clear splatter version sold out in just over 2.5 half days ?

@dumaisaudio - LITA will have some copies of the white double vinyl -

thanks for all those who supported and purchased directly from us.

By Tron4Life
@Liftman I slept on this one as well. Somehow I just yesterday had time to listen the complete score. I had mixed feelings about the beginning of score, but last tracks definitely started to grow in me.

I guess I have to go for that white version, which looks really good too.
By chiefbrody
@tron, I felt the same. I've only listened to it once, but on first listen I felt that it was quite generic sci-fi (though I could also imagine it playing over scenes from a Michael Mann film - is it stupid to call music panoramic?). As I played through it though, I enjoyed it a lot more as it went on, and I thought that there was some really strong sections in the second half. I suspect I'll think quite differently about the first half when I listen to it again, having now appreciated the whole.

I'll give it another listen before deciding, but I can see me picking this up when it's released.

I should say, I haven't seen the film (yet), which I imagine might also be of benefit in fully appreciating the score.
By Spun out of control
Been waiting on this score since the start of the year so jumped right on it.... I would say it is not as immediate and pumped up as the Drokk album from the same guys, but definitely audibly from the same source. Its charms are more subtle and, I think, clever(er).

Will make more sense once you have seen the movie as the twists and turns on screen are reflected in the tracks.

As I say, an absolute must for me. Cannot wait to spin it.
By liftman2013
@Invada i meant 'finally' as i saw people were saying 'has it sold out already' and comments that it hadnt and was being held in carts
And now it has - well the 500 copy anyway. Not end of the world as the white still available. Things dont normally sell out that quickly on the invada site (not a dig just an observation) so was confident it would be around longer

Cant win them all

Im surprised that copies of 30 days pf night are stil available in all honestly. Id have compared this to the pink Far Cry 3 from RSD from last year in people wanting them
By Tron4Life
@chiefbrody I listened the whole score once more yesterday. I don't know. I agree that it gets better until the end, but maybe I cannot justify the purchase only for some strong moments.

I think I'm going to opt against it. Besides, this record is being released in the mid of june. I'll be away from my record players and physical media that time.

By philball1974

Secret code in Ex Machina

At one point in the film we see some code on the screen. Here it is in detail:

#BlueBook code decryption
import sys
def sieve(n):
x = [1] * n
x[1] = 0
for i in range(2,n/2):
j = 2 * i
while j < n:
x[j]=0
j = j+i
return x

def prime(n,x):
i = 1
j = 1
while j <= n:
if x == 1:
j = j + 1
i = i + 1
return i - 1
x=sieve(10000)
code = [1206,301,384,5]
key =[1,1,2,2,]

sys.stdout.write("".join(chr(i) for i in [73,83,66,78,32,61,32]))
for i in range (0,4):
sys.stdout.write(str(prime(code,x)-key))

print
Which when you run with python2.7 you get the following:
ISBN = 9780199226559
Which is Embodiment and the inner life: Cognition and Consciousness in the Space of Possible Minds.
By invadauk

Guys this ships from us next week...

have around 55 copies of the white vinyl left now..

thanks for extreme patience

By Dollarhyde
Watched the film last night. Brilliant, brilliant movie. Best new science fiction film Ive seen in a long time.

Loving the score too want to cop it but my bank account is telling me nooooo.
By chad1
I'd have loved the Splatter vinyl but I'll just snag the white, so much good music and so few dollars
By guyremix
have these started shipping yet?
By invadauk

@guyremix

yes - just about - 1st batch leaving this morning...

thanks for support
By palmat
Got my frosted/splatter today. Sounds and looks very good so far. I also got lucky and got a poster! Many thanks Invada for another great release.
By texasvinyl
Great soundtrack, pretty splatter vinyl, a bit noisy which is accentuated by the delicate nature of many of the cues. if you're sensitive to a little noise you may consider a black vinyl version. Probably just a side effect of the clear splatter. Looking forward to whenever the blu ray comes out so I can watch it again; we enjoyed the movie.
By invadauk

@texasvinyl

Hi Texas - what youve written above is spot on..

each side is nearly half an hour long - its essentially an ambient score (the majority)

its pressed on a clear and blue mixed compound vinyl and its damn hard to get these sounding great. We actually rejected 3 lots of test pressings and remastered the album twice this is about as good as its ever gone get.

the white vinyl is a little more clinical and not so noisy - but most people are taking the attitude that given all of the above its a decent pressing

thanks to everyone that bought - if you havent got it yet - it will be arriving any day now..